Author Topic: deactivation not working  (Read 8449 times)

ShakesBar

deactivation not working
« on: September 14, 2015, 10:03:23 AM »
Im trying to deactivate videobox on my old PC so that I can activate it on my super fast over sized compatible PC..  (16gig ram, 4.2 Quad core)

The screen goes white but thats all that happens?

Matt

ShakesBar

Re: deactivation not working
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2015, 10:07:49 AM »
Sorry it didn't take me long to work it out.

You need to be in window mode so that you can use the deactivation wizard.

Matt

Laurence

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2016, 12:55:51 PM »
hi guys.

i've read through each individual manual of Videobox and i'm not seeing anything related to deactiving Videbox.

you may be asking i'm i'm asking about deactivating. we'll as some of you are aware of i've recently completed a Sound Leisure Conversion. and i've recieved a call today from the workshop saying that "we've change a setting on the jukebox to 'Load at start-up' and the jukebox has been restarting ever now and then but then when windows loads the jukebox software only partially loads the bottom screen has the videobox logo but on the top screen its just windows itself.

so i was thinking to deactivate Videbox and reinstall windows 7 or just update to windows 10 and do all the updates needed then reinstall Videobox and activate that way as the computer will be up-to-date.

Videobox version: 2.7.0.0
do i need to purchase a legacy upgrade service or anything to be able to carry out any of the steps that i may need to do?

any advice would be much appreciated :)
Laurence

ShakesBar

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2016, 01:00:22 PM »
To deactivate, you just go into the control panel (tab) then click right to go to the next screen and click deactivate...

Matt

Laurence

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2016, 01:03:11 PM »
would this be available using Videobox version 2.7.0.0 (if you know), i've not updated for a long while as the jukebox has been getting built

at present i don't have the jukebox infront of me. i'm hoping to have it at home tonight to fix any issues that there is.
Laurence

Laurence

« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2016, 01:03:39 PM »
thanks for a speedy reply :)
Laurence

ShakesBar

« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2016, 01:05:01 PM »
Im pretty sure its been there since they had this key option available. You'll be fine, I did the same when I had to move from slow pc to superfast pc. Was no problem at all, easy :)

Matt

Laurence

« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2016, 01:08:12 PM »
Ok, Thanks matt.

I shall keep my eyes peeled for the option once the jukebox gets to me tonight (Hopefully). and i will keep all updated.

Laurence

ShakesBar

« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2016, 01:09:49 PM »
make sure you write all the codes it gives you when you deactivate, even take screen shots or a photo. And make sure you still have your original key to hand as you'll need this to reactivate on the new install.

Matt

ShakesBar

« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2016, 01:12:37 PM »
Can I also suggest before you install windows onto the system, that you have got the drivers from the PC first, as you'll have a hell of a hard time locating the correct ones, if your still on a stock install of sound leisure.

Mine is also sound leisure, and the driver was an .exe. file that I would put in startup files. Just make sure 100% your doing it right.

Personally id use a different hard drive, then if there is a problem you can easily revert back to see if you can get the correct drivers...

ShakesBar

« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2016, 01:13:33 PM »
also read above, you have to be in window mode, as the deactivation wizard uses a window pop-up

Laurence

« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2016, 01:16:25 PM »
if i can remember correctly when i purchased Videobox i was only given a licence file and product key, should i back both of those up.

sorry i'm way out of the loop with jukeblaster at the moment
Laurence

ShakesBar

« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2016, 01:18:36 PM »
never say no to backup! But its the key you want more.

As to wether your key will work with the latest software, i don't know. Im only a forum member, so don't take everything I'm saying as any confirmation. But I've told you what i did when I had to deactivate. :)

Matt

Laurence

« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2016, 01:23:24 PM »
right got'cha. thanks again for the help matt.
i'll follow the steps that you've told me. i'll even backup the license file to be on the safe side and licence key which i'd have in email somewhere, no matter where it is i'm sure i'll find it, if not i'll just have to purchase a "duplicate licence service" if that is my only last resort.

Laurence