Author Topic: Coin ac compatibility  (Read 6397 times)

dex

Coin ac compatibility
« on: October 22, 2012, 05:36:27 PM »
Hi Steve,just wonder if u shine some lights to my problem
i have this original coin connector with different cable sleeve  from jukebox.........cud you confirm if the last picture is the right diagram to make my CA working
Also..what power supply do i need to power up ur coin board
many thanks DEX
Plastic is real

Steve

• Administrator
    • Jukeblaster.com
Re: Coin ac compatibility
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2012, 07:16:36 PM »
Hi DEX

Just one thing before we get to your problem, please read the forum rules as you should not be addressing new problems directly to me, I know you are new to our gang and its not a big deal but you need to ask open questions so that other members get a chance to give you an answer, ok  :D  http://jukeblaster.com/forum/index.php?topic=156.0

Ok, Ive had a word with our resident coin mech guru (Bry) and he says that the c120 is an old coin acceptor and probably is not desirable to use as it has seprate output channels for each coin (so no, that diagram will not work for you and could damage your Coin Kit) and it doesnt have ccTalk serial either,  either use one of our reccomended acceptors or go for something like an "SR3" or "SR5" serial coin acceptor (google it)

As for the power supply...
The power supply does not power the Coin Kit board (Coin Kit gets 5volts from your PC), the power supply is to power your coin acceptor, so choose a power supply that matches your chosen coin acceptor.

Hope that helps  ;D

Send us some crypto :-)
It helps us pay for the forum and new jukebox developments

Bitcoin
bc1qlfjvxfpj75wcpraa5phvvxjpc9w7dxhd8y9s0k

Doge
DGvvJZ6JNxcGtSSbgjaNE5zDe13YWwaPVE

dex

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2012, 09:50:39 PM »
Nice 1.........apologies if i offend other members to not direct this post  to others
Sounds good ,,,,,,,gonna buy compatible CA,,,,,,,,,thanks to all yall,,,,,,,,,,,,,,i will keep posted
Plastic is real

skyman

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2013, 09:21:12 PM »
Can I just add that you CAN use the exising C120 by using the excell credit board you already have connected !!!!!

If you look at the white plug on the right of the board it has 3 wires (12volt, ground and pulse) just wire these up to the coin kit board and you're sorted !!!!! simples (worked for me any way)