Author Topic: Upgrade memory  (Read 3093 times)

kev1999

Upgrade memory
« on: September 29, 2016, 08:22:29 PM »
Hi all - don't know if this would work or has been tried. I/We (the wife) are thinking of upgrading to video box. When you start up the system could it be told to run automatically from a 1tb usb stick? I was thinking that that way it could be unplugged and the files set up on the main computer and then plugged into the jukebox and the programme could pick up the tracks from it. It would be an easy way to upgrade the memory, especially if you could just plug it in and it worked! Any ideas - Thanks Kev Ps its a converted box as in the pic that was posted in the pictures under Kev

Steve

• Administrator
    • Jukeblaster.com
Re: Upgrade memory
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2016, 09:00:47 AM »
Hi Kev

Yes Videobox will run from a stick, but what is the primary reason you want to do that, is it to get more disk space ?, or you want to move Videobox between 2 pc's ?.
Send us some crypto :-)
It helps us pay for the forum and new jukebox developments

Bitcoin
bc1qlfjvxfpj75wcpraa5phvvxjpc9w7dxhd8y9s0k

Doge
DGvvJZ6JNxcGtSSbgjaNE5zDe13YWwaPVE

kev1999

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2016, 05:07:06 PM »
Hi Steve - I was going to put the programme on the computer and then put the music on the usb or removable SSD. Then the wife can unplug it and plug it into the main computer to update the music. I was wondering if the programme would pick the music up off something that had been plugged into a usb port?

Steve

• Administrator
    • Jukeblaster.com
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2016, 08:43:28 PM »
Hi kev

That would work but after she copied new music on the stick it would then mean rescanning all the music again, here's the correct way to do it...

1. Install your music files & Videobox on your jukebox PC as normal.
2. open the Videobox 'Collector' menu and select 'Import Music', now insert a blank USB stick and select 'Make Update Drive', once this is done close the update box.

Now you have an update USB stick, browse the USB stick on your home PC and you will see that it has the exact same folder structure as your jukebox pc has, here's how to use the update stick...

1. Tell your wife to copy new tracks onto the USB stick in the folders you want to them to appear on your jukebox.

2. take the USB stick back to your jukebox and open the collector -> Import music again, then insert your usb stick and press the 'Start' button...

The tracks will be copied from the folders on the usb stick to the exact same folders on your jukebox  ;D

Hope that helps

« Last Edit: October 01, 2016, 08:45:15 PM by Steve »
Send us some crypto :-)
It helps us pay for the forum and new jukebox developments

Bitcoin
bc1qlfjvxfpj75wcpraa5phvvxjpc9w7dxhd8y9s0k

Doge
DGvvJZ6JNxcGtSSbgjaNE5zDe13YWwaPVE