Author Topic: Invalid licence AGAIN  (Read 4143 times)

Sam

Invalid licence AGAIN
« on: November 20, 2015, 05:19:50 PM »
I've got another box saying invalid licence again. The boxes are locked cabinets and no one is going near them. Why does this keep happening. This one doesn't have it installed in 2 locations. I've got 4 of these boxes now and I'm considering a new program because of all these issues

Steve

• Administrator
    • Jukeblaster.com
Re: Invalid licence AGAIN
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2015, 07:48:32 PM »
Hi Sam

We have been investigating this and our Bry has figured it out, but you aint gonna like the diagnosis...

It looks like the problem is related to windows not Videobox, the 'user.config' file is the cause of the problem but the file is handled by the windows operating system and it can become corrupted, just google 'user.config corrupt' for a million people reporting this problem  :(.

Our Bry thinks it's a corruption in the config file xml, probably caused by improper shutdown of the program or PC.

We dont know if there is an answer to this yet but our Bry has told me that he has some ideas & some avenues to peruse, so there may be a workaround, watch this space.

In the meantime, If you encounter this problem you can quickly get working again without re-installing, simply delete the corrupt 'user.config' file and Videobox will write a new one for you.

Steve

« Last Edit: November 20, 2015, 07:51:21 PM by Steve »
Send us some crypto :-)
It helps us pay for the forum and new jukebox developments

Bitcoin
bc1qlfjvxfpj75wcpraa5phvvxjpc9w7dxhd8y9s0k

Doge
DGvvJZ6JNxcGtSSbgjaNE5zDe13YWwaPVE

Sam

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2015, 11:27:04 PM »
Hi thanks for the detailed reply Steve.  I can understand your reasoning with the improper shut downs as yes they are all just turned off and on at the plug socket. where would I find the user.config file to delete it.  And would I need to re put the licence in again.  Thanks Sam.

Steve

• Administrator
    • Jukeblaster.com
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2015, 08:10:11 AM »
Hi Sam, you should not need to put the license in again, just delete the user.config to get a new one.

The config file is a little hard to find but you can use our 'system cleaning tool' to delete it for you, download the cleaning tool from our members Centre and select the 'Clean jukebox configuration' option.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2015, 08:11:45 AM by Steve »

Bitcoin

Doge

Sam

« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2015, 09:10:13 AM »
Great. Thanks Steve. Will try this later today.  I'll let you know how I get on.  Thanks for your help.

Steve

• Administrator
    • Jukeblaster.com
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2015, 06:52:05 PM »
Update, there may be some good news on this issue soon.  ;D
Although this is a problem with windows, our Bry now thinks it may be possible to make the Operating system replace or repair the corrupt file for us, the trick is to do all this malarkey before the app actually starts and is then killed by windows, stay tuned!.

Bitcoin

Doge

Sam

« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2015, 08:07:01 PM »
That would be great. thanks for the fix the other day aswell. I got round to calling to the box today and it worked great. Just did the system clean like you said.   How do sound leisure and other jukebox manufactures get around this issue as they are all windows based arnt they. 
Sam

Laurence

« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2016, 03:31:56 AM »
That would be great. thanks for the fix the other day aswell. I got round to calling to the box today and it worked great. Just did the system clean like you said.   How do sound leisure and other jukebox manufactures get around this issue as they are all windows based arnt they. 
Sam

Some manufacturers use a timed USB key. Which is nothing more than a flash drive (USB stick) which you cannot write on but it can be read from. When you unplug the USB stick. The software will not work the software will just automatically reboot or reload and say the license has expired.

Sound leisure on the other hand they use something called soundnet (subscription service) if I'm not mistaken. So far I've converted a few sound leisure boxes and a few Mexican/Italian jukeboxes manufactured name ariòn, the only jukeboxes I've seen that I've converted that have this USB Times key which expires are Ariòn.

All running either Windows 98 second edition or Windows ME or XP.

Im no expert in conversions but I've done my fair share :)
Laurence