Author Topic: Stampys jukebox build  (Read 18066 times)

jukejohn

Re: Stampys jukebox build
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2012, 11:29:53 AM »
if thats the case jukebox blaster would have done the job and cheaper  ???

stampy69

• www.awesomex.com.au
    • AwesomeX Mobile DJ & Karaoke Services
« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2012, 04:08:06 PM »
genres are too vague...........end of the day i reckon most people wanna hear a song they'll search for the artist like gun n roses or meatloaf, the way i've done it they can go directly to the artist under the first letter, then find the album and song :)

is "the offspring" rock or metal or punk???............if you search "O" you're gonna find em straight away :D

what genre do you put celine dion in???........"C" makes it easier yeah

WWW.AWESOMEX.COM.AU - For all your DJ, Karaoke & Jukebox needs!!

Dj4nrv

« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2012, 05:20:56 PM »
You make a few fair points there.
I do do genres but don't do sub genres. I use a combination of genres and artist folders.
So the offspring would be in rock\offspring\album\tracks.mp3
If I'm looking for offspring you can guess I no that it's rock and then scroll to the offspring folder.
Also if someone likes offspring it's pretty much given that that person also likes similar bands and music. So gettin them to look at some similar music might encourage them to maybe put on more tracks than they originally intended?
But I can certainly agree with everything you said and everyone does what's better for how they use their jukebox.
It has also just occurred to me that the two main players in my area for jukeboxes are NSM and sound leisure.
One of which has its jukeboxes 'genre' driven and the other more 'a to z' driven. So there you go.

jukejohn

« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2012, 06:55:48 PM »
thats why i asked for a ato z buttons some time ago

stampy69

• www.awesomex.com.au
« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2012, 01:53:14 AM »
yeah we run karaoke showsevery weekend, and from experience i found that when my song books were in genres people found it hard to find the artist they wanted...as soon as we changed the books to A-Z things got easier :D

I remember for example we had one chick who thought that britney spears - i love rock n roll song would be classed as rock then complained when she couldnt find it.

It dosent happen ofter but yeah some people are just idiots...lol

oneforme

« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2012, 01:43:47 PM »
Go to see you are up and going. Thats a big drive from the Gold Coast, if you wanted more i would be putting them on a pallet and TNT You would get 4 on a pallet. I am going back next weekend to buy more, but i am on 4hrs drive. You are right the 15" speakers don't fit, even if you made the fame different inside. I spent all day make a frame for the LCD to sit in and tilt the screen up at the bottom. I took some pics so i will up load the tomorrow for you to have a look at. I wouldn't spend money on painting them, i thought the same thing at first but after having a close look they have a thick gel coat like on a boat. So i got some 1000 grit paper and block out the scratches and then i will just use some cut and  polish to being them back shiny. Gel coat is a lot harder paint and if you ever get a scratch you can always sand it out. The web cam sounds like it would be a great idea! keep us posted on how you go.

oneforme

« Reply #21 on: March 17, 2012, 01:48:01 PM »
GOOD to see you are up and going ;D

stampy69

• www.awesomex.com.au
« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2012, 02:18:53 PM »
added a few more stickers today and started to work on the extension piece for the bottom, i decided to make a small draw at the bottom of the machinewith a lock to store the instruction manual, a spare hard drive and the money box for coins.

also it mean that when they're being emptied ($$$$) the user wont have to open the machine up and have access to the computer and cables :)

stampy69

• www.awesomex.com.au
« Reply #23 on: April 11, 2012, 03:51:00 AM »

stampy69

• www.awesomex.com.au
« Reply #24 on: April 13, 2012, 07:36:48 AM »

another one finished.......we added an extra 250mm to the bottom of it to make a bit taller, we then covered it in a thick rubber to protect it  a little, then put a sliding draw in the side with a lock for the money tray......flexi pipe attaches to the coin slot and runs down to the tray.

Thats 2 down, 13 more to go! :)

stampy69

• www.awesomex.com.au
« Reply #25 on: May 30, 2012, 03:34:43 AM »
okay guys i've finally manage to install karaokebox and videobox on the same machine.......I used simpletouch FE to tie it all in togther.

The results are quite interesting.....we had plenty of fun last night playing wiht it :D

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/GOO_TKWgpKc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

stampy69

• www.awesomex.com.au
« Reply #26 on: July 25, 2012, 02:01:43 PM »
ok the juke/karaokebox combo looks like it might be finished finally.

I decided to elimate the coin slot as this is strictly for hire only.......this ment i could get rid of the remote control and coin kit to use in another machine. I decided to do a little work around for now using a usb numpad stuck to the side of the machine. I used a key remapper and set the keys to control volume up/down, power off, mute, reject and juke close.....also i can use the numbers to key in my pin codes if needed :)

I also had to install a cheap 2 channel line mixer then unsoldered the volume knobs, extended the wires and put these on the front so i can adjust music volume and mic volume separately while singing.

all in all, its come up quite nice........simpletouch fe controls the 2 programs and a simple home screen is loaded up windows starts. Hold the power key (end) for 5 seconds and whatever program you're in (videobox or karaokebox) closes and the home screens comes back up.

Had a slight issue with windows setting the refresh rate on my monitor to 60hz all the time which ment the screen occasionally shifted 2 cms to the left when not shut down properly and threw the touch screen calibration out of whack but i fixed it with a nifty program called Refreshlock which locks the refresh rate automatically to 75hz and the problem hasnt happened since :D

Its already been booked for this weekend so hopefully we get some decent feedback and the machine has no stuff ups :)