Author Topic: Categories UNAVAILABLE SOLVED  (Read 3734 times)

ResidentRob

Categories UNAVAILABLE SOLVED
« on: May 02, 2020, 10:29:00 AM »
Hi all

I'm a new user to this and spent some very frustrating time wondering why some of my categories were showing up but when I clicked on them the dreaded RED UNAVAILABLE came up in the top of the screen then just reverted back to the original page with no tracks showing

This is how I found the solution
I checked the difference between different folders and noticed something
If you have music files only (or video files) that are not in another folder they will NOT be available
So I opened the folder and created a new sub folder inside this one where all my music files are for that genre
Just open the folder you want then right click, add new then name the folder what you like
Left click on a single track then press Ctrl+A together
Keep hold of Ctrl but release A then left click on any folders that are still in there so that they are deselected
Then right click on any file that is now blue and click CUT
Now double click (left button) the new folder you created, once inside right click and click paste
It will only take a couple of seconds to move all of those files into this new folder
When this is done no need to rescan your music just go back to the jukebox and select your category again then you will see your new added folder in the window click that and hey presto there is all your music or videos or karaoke

I really hope I have helped some of you out with this

Good luck all

Steve

• Administrator
    • Jukeblaster.com
Re: Categories UNAVAILABLE SOLVED
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2020, 07:40:10 PM »
Thanks ResidentRob, we have been trying to explain this for years lol  ;D , you can't just have tracks in in a folder, they must be in a sub-folder or (album), and then your album must be in a genre...  sounds simple but does confuse people ;D
Send us some crypto :-)
It helps us pay for the forum and new jukebox developments

Bitcoin
bc1qlfjvxfpj75wcpraa5phvvxjpc9w7dxhd8y9s0k

Doge
DGvvJZ6JNxcGtSSbgjaNE5zDe13YWwaPVE

traxmusic

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2020, 02:52:54 PM »
When i was using the demo version i had no issues at all with creating folders for Karaoke files and they all worked fine. I have created the sub folders required for holding different genres etc but no matter what i do i'm getting the red unavailable at the top of the page.
My Karaoke are mp3+g. As i said there was no issue before.
Any help would be appreciated>
thanks

Steve

• Administrator
    • Jukeblaster.com
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2020, 03:00:44 PM »
Hi trax, the most common reason for this is the folder structure is wrong...

this will work:-  c:\jbp\karaoke\ub40\red wine.cdg

this will not work:- c:\jbp\karaoke\red wine.cdg

the second most common problem for karaoke tracks is that both filenames must be exactly identical cAsE sensitive...

this will work:- 
red wine.mp3
red wine.cdg

this will not work:-
red wine.mp3
Red wine.cdg
« Last Edit: August 14, 2020, 03:05:27 PM by Steve »

Bitcoin

Doge

traxmusic

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2020, 03:15:15 PM »
Hi
It's not to do with that. They all worked fine before i actually registered the software. I have checked the player and that's fine, the permissions are fine.
it finds the main and sub folders and then finds the individual files inside but it is showing them as a default picture and when i open them it takes me back to the main folders page with not avail at the top.

traxmusic

« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2020, 10:41:47 PM »
Hi
I am struggling to keep using this as it seems terribly unstable. I was 90% finished with the build then it all went to hell for no reason. All music was in, video was in, and most of the karaoke was in then for no reason i'm getting a digithumbs image in all my folders and when clicked it just shows that unavailable header. I know the tracks are there because i can still search them and play them. Any thoughts or help would be great. I just wioed my hard drive and reinstalled a clean operating system but this seems to remember me and just revert back when loaded.
thanks in advance

Steve

• Administrator
    • Jukeblaster.com
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2020, 07:02:01 AM »
Hi trax, I can take a look for you today via remote desktop if you like, i will sort it for you, I'm available all day today (sun 30/08), message me back as soon as you can and we can set it up...

Steve

Bitcoin

Doge

traxmusic

« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2020, 01:09:07 PM »
That would be a help thanks. If you let me know how you want to connect i'll set it up this end as everything i had is now gone after putting in a clean install.
any time is good for me.
thanks

traxmusic

« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2020, 05:02:11 PM »
Hi
I wonder if you could get in touch. I wasn't aware that upgrading my op system would result in killing my licence as i asked it to save all files etc. but i am getting that being used on another pc message so can't do anything. Is there a way for me to sort this at my end. I have reinstalled the program but to no avail sadly.

Steve

• Administrator
    • Jukeblaster.com
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2020, 05:14:42 PM »
Hi trax, yes any changes to your system Os or hardware will result in your computer looking like a new pc and will invalidate your license, this is why you should click the deactivate button in the Videobox control panel before making any changes, you are then free to upgrade your pc or even install on another pc if you wish.

1. instal latest version from here:- https://jukeblaster.com/videobox.html

2. enter serial number

Should be ok then.

Bitcoin

Doge