Author Topic: Easy Music Tagger  (Read 3170 times)

scottm

Easy Music Tagger
« on: September 07, 2020, 05:51:09 AM »
Hello,
In regards to the Easy Music Tagger. Will this only tag .mp3 files and other files that use the id3 tags?
For my Video tracks (.avi and .mp4) as they cannot use id3 tags, will the software simply not tag them and instead just use the "artist - title" file name convention?

Cheers Guys

Steve

• Administrator
    • Jukeblaster.com
Re: Easy Music Tagger
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2020, 08:20:44 AM »
Hi Scottm, it will tag .mp3, .wma, .aac, .m4a, .mp4, .wmv, .mpg, but as far as I know .avi dont have tags (although they might play)
Send us some crypto :-)
It helps us pay for the forum and new jukebox developments

Bitcoin
bc1qlfjvxfpj75wcpraa5phvvxjpc9w7dxhd8y9s0k

Doge
DGvvJZ6JNxcGtSSbgjaNE5zDe13YWwaPVE

scottm

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2020, 08:32:16 AM »
Hi Steve,
So probably best just not to use the .avi file extension then i suspect?

Steve

• Administrator
    • Jukeblaster.com
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2020, 09:58:09 AM »
Avi's will probably show and play, but you wouldnt be able to search them by artist, album, year etc

Bitcoin

Doge

scottm

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2020, 10:51:36 AM »
Thanks for clearing that up Steve.
One last question on music tagging.
I have an existing library of music from another piece of software that is no longer supported.
I can export the information from an access DB to a text file, or spread sheet or whatever.
Is there anyway to use an external file and the easy music tagging software to tag my music files for your software?
I have about 100K music files.. give or take. So I am hoping to get around manually tagging everything again.
or if not through the music tagging software, is there another way that you might know off?

Cheers Guys
Scott

Steve

• Administrator
    • Jukeblaster.com
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2020, 11:12:17 AM »
You would probably need to write a custom bit of software to match the files to the tag info and then re-tag them, and it depends on how you match the data to the file how successful it would be, I dont think there is an easy way to do it  :(
A starting point might be to investigate how your old software matched the tag info to the file.

Bitcoin

Doge

scottm

« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2020, 01:49:11 PM »
HI Steve.
The old software didn't used tagged files. There was a database the software looks at, the database kept all the relevant info for each file. the file name was the "unique" ID i guess.
i was thinking though, from my limited understanding of your software, would it be correct in thinking that the music tagging software simply adds / edits the ID3 tags of the music files (in the case of .mp3 files as an example) or in the case of .mp4 files the meta data "tags"?
If that's the case, then as long as my music files have correct ID3 tags (I only use .mp3 files for audio) then i should be good to go?
I have found an mp3 tagging program that should allow me to use a text file to add all the id3 tags. and it seems to work with .mp4 files as well.
but that's assuming you don't have to use the easy tagging software explicitly to tag files so they work with the jukebox software?