Author Topic: Problems using Android Remote  (Read 1536 times)

MikeUK

Problems using Android Remote
« on: February 06, 2022, 02:07:43 PM »
Hi,

New user to Home Jukebox, great program, and just trying to use the Android Remote app.

Says 'Connect Succeeded' but pressing any button, say the 'mute' button, does not appear to function.

Is there something specific I need to look at my router / PC to confirm the Android device is connected correctly? 

I notice there is a Port number field in the settings which I had to blank out in order to get the connected succeeded message.

Note that I can use Chrome Remote on Android to connect to PC (and other remote applications) so not a showstopper if Remote cannot be used on my system setup (Windows 10, Android Samsung Galaxy Note 4).

Thanks

MikeUK

Re: Problems using Android Remote
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2022, 02:45:09 AM »
Android RVC app now working due to access to 'Advanced Settings' within Home Jukebox now working.

Steve

• Administrator
    • Jukeblaster.com
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2022, 03:18:02 PM »
Also check that the button names on the remote match the available commands for Home Jukebox, you can see all the commands you can use on the left hand side of the page in the android remote section (about half way down the page) here:- https://jukeblaster.com/homejukebox.html
Send us some crypto :-)
It helps us pay for the forum and new jukebox developments

Bitcoin
bc1qlfjvxfpj75wcpraa5phvvxjpc9w7dxhd8y9s0k

Doge
DGvvJZ6JNxcGtSSbgjaNE5zDe13YWwaPVE

MikeUK

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2022, 05:16:05 PM »
Thanks Steve for the reply.

Yes, I have 6 buttons that work for sure and are colour coded to reflect they operate.
VOL +
VOL -
MUTE
REJECT
CLOSED (i.e. 'MODE')
POWER

BGM - Not sure if this function works, need to experiment further.
DOOR - Does not work for me - to go into 'Setup'.

Talking about getting into 'Setup' using Chrome Remote Desktop for Android, I was finding it impossible to send a TAB key when using any virtual keyboard.  I have 'Hacker's Keyboard' on my Android Note 4 and I discovered accidently that it allows pressing CTRL followed by the TAB key.  On my Android Box, Chrome Remote Desktop does not offer a virtual keyboard.