Author Topic: file Support .swf + Itunes format support.  (Read 8294 times)

Dj4nrv

Re: file Support .swf + Itunes format support.
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2011, 02:36:43 PM »
Loaded , i Wish!

I think videobox is now delivering a more than decent jukebox experience for home users and pro's alike.
It is very stable and straightforward to use, and with the addition of the new Kim board it will be even more so.
To my knowledge there is no other software out there that can do what videobox does aswell as be this user friendly in setup and configuration. I find a lot of the softwares available are overkill and have many features a lot of users would never use, whereas videobox pretty much does what it says on the tin without much fuss. And I like it this way. ;D

Too many more features and I feel we will lose the simplicity of the software which I feel is key for users and enthusiasts like myself who just have time to know enough, and not everything.

I'd really like the software to stay pretty much as is, with the addition of a few more file formats for not only music and video but also the adverts and artworks like the popular tracks pic. I think we are only really going to need the regular file types for media as in jpeg png bmp mp3 wav flac aac mp4 wma wmv etc etc and maybe the addition of high def video/audio formats would be needed in future.

Someone on the forum asked for a "please insert coin" screen when selecting tracks and no credit is entered. I believe this to be a must. Just my opinion.

Rhonda asked for an improved search with choice to search for artist or track before entering search criteria, this i think is not quite a must but would really help with large libraries but I don't think it quite falls into the " easy to add" category.

And I would like to see the play all from an album feature added, again this doesn't really seem to fall into the easy category either, but would be of great benefit to home Users.

Dj4nrv

« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2011, 03:05:46 PM »
 :o  square genre icons please  :o

Steve

• Administrator
    • Jukeblaster.com
« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2011, 03:10:57 PM »
DJ

I've been looking at the AAC format, looks like it can be done, I just need to join Itunes to get some files to test it, or do you know where I can get any publicly available files I could use perhaps ?.

Send us some crypto :-)
It helps us pay for the forum and new jukebox developments

Bitcoin
bc1qlfjvxfpj75wcpraa5phvvxjpc9w7dxhd8y9s0k

Doge
DGvvJZ6JNxcGtSSbgjaNE5zDe13YWwaPVE

Dj4nrv

« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2011, 03:15:17 PM »
Public aac? Can we not just convert a public lossless file like .wav to .aac ?

Steve

• Administrator
    • Jukeblaster.com
« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2011, 03:18:51 PM »
As far as I understandi it, itunes files are in the aac format like 'song.aac' for example ?

Bitcoin

Doge

jukejohn

« Reply #20 on: September 30, 2011, 04:49:45 PM »
steve try cd da extractor that will convert some files to aac to play with

http://www.poikosoft.com/

Steve

• Administrator
    • Jukeblaster.com
« Reply #21 on: September 30, 2011, 04:54:19 PM »
Thanks John

Just got some test files from a website and I have managed to get them to play ok, I might still have to get some proper ones from itunes though, it seems unclear if the itunes ones are DRM locked or not ?.

Bitcoin

Doge

jukejohn

« Reply #22 on: September 30, 2011, 05:05:15 PM »
im a no brainer when it comes to itunes im a mp3 guy mp3s are more user freindly
theres no barriers and there universal re players and software and if i played a aac
next to a mp3 im sure i couldnt tell the difference

Steve

• Administrator
    • Jukeblaster.com
« Reply #23 on: September 30, 2011, 05:18:47 PM »
Yeah John I'm prety much of the same mind, its just been suggested on the wish list so I thought I would investigate.

I have VBX playing an non protected aac file ok at the moment and thats fine so I will write it into the program.
If itunes files are DRM protected then that will have to be something to look at in the future I guess.

Bitcoin

Doge

jukejohn

« Reply #24 on: September 30, 2011, 05:46:26 PM »
its what the younger supporters want and it does seem to be
popular mainly for purchasing music they seem to have got
the mark on that

Steve

• Administrator
    • Jukeblaster.com
« Reply #25 on: September 30, 2011, 06:32:22 PM »
Yeah, after a some digging ive found its a bit of a mess, with different file formats, and its hard to tell which are DRM protected and which arn't  ???.

But, It looks like we can play unprotected audio content using the latest K-Lite codec pack 7, so I'm going to enable VBX to list tracks with the 'AAC' & 'M4A' filename extensions.

Bitcoin

Doge

jukejohn

« Reply #26 on: September 30, 2011, 07:14:02 PM »
well its friday night wich means jukebox and beers   slurp-hic

Steve

• Administrator
    • Jukeblaster.com
« Reply #27 on: September 30, 2011, 07:31:48 PM »
well its friday night wich means jukebox and beers   slurp-hic

Cheers John, enjoy the party and have one for me  ;D

Bitcoin

Doge

Steve

• Administrator
    • Jukeblaster.com
« Reply #28 on: September 30, 2011, 07:58:46 PM »

I think videobox is now delivering a more than decent jukebox experience for home users and pro's alike.
It is very stable and straightforward to use, and with the addition of the new Kim board it will be even more so.
To my knowledge there is no other software out there that can do what videobox does aswell as be this user friendly in setup and configuration. I find a lot of the softwares available are overkill and have many features a lot of users would never use, whereas videobox pretty much does what it says on the tin without much fuss. And I like it this way. ;D

Too many more features and I feel we will lose the simplicity of the software which I feel is key for users and enthusiasts like myself who just have time to know enough, and not everything.

I think the above quote from Dj4nrv hits the nail right on the head, Videobox is exactly where it should be, easy to use, no complex procedures to get the software going, you put your music in album folders, press a few buttons and it just works.
And I agree that to add too much more unnecessary features or complexity to Videobox just for the sake of it would be going in the wrong direction..
So, I can tell you that we have consulted the wish list and identified about 10 changes that we want to make to Videobox that will be inkeeping with the above philosophy and provide new and interesting ways for you to use your software.
More detail soon.. stay tuned..

Bitcoin

Doge

Dj4nrv

« Reply #29 on: October 05, 2011, 12:29:28 PM »
glad to hear you agree steve.

i myself have been guilty of asking for features which werent needed.
i guess its just too tempting having a wish list.... every idea gets put on there ....good or not.
but then thats the whole idea , getting other opinions to help move things forward i suppose.

any ideas on when we can expect confirmation on the new bits added and maybe some info on this new board. are we even still calling it KIM?
Will my old flash utility be useable with the new board?
 ;D