Author Topic: Advanced search  (Read 2166 times)

Dj4nrv

Advanced search
« on: November 19, 2011, 11:37:49 PM »
To be able to choose if I'm searching for an artist, album or track.
So that if I'm searching for albums I get a page that displays album arts.
And if searching for an artist the artist.jpg (as in previous request) would be displayed instead of the album art, with all the artist tracks in a an artist folder?
I'm not sure if that would be possible? Seeing as it'd have to search the tracks and then re-organise them into artist folders somehow?

rob sullivan

Re: Advanced search
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2011, 02:53:26 PM »
One of my adverts in the 'attract' features gives a brief explaination of how the search features works to customers. I could imagine it would get very complicated to add a different search option as you mentioned. I know it may sound a bit primative, but why not have a short explaination of how to 'search' when you open the search tool? for example, I get lots of people say that they cannot find Ke$ha and artists like that, due to the symbols in the name etc. I put a little recommendation that customers search by the song name. Not ideal, but does the job.

Dj4nrv

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2011, 04:25:15 PM »
yeah but when youve got a huge audio library a one or two word search can giv page after page of results. just tryin to find a way of narrowing down the search.
i have literally have hundreds of tracks for some artists and it can be a bit of a task scrolling to the end.
i was thinking, if we hit search we could then be presented with a page to ask if your searching for artist album or track and then enter your search criteria in the same way we do now?

rob sullivan

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2011, 11:18:13 PM »
But like you say, even if you then choose, let's say, 'artist' you will still end up with hundreds of tracks for that artist if have that many in the library?

I quite like the idea of the search function including a 'suggestions' box beside what you are typing in. Similar to a google search etc. You start typing and it suggests the artists that you may be looking for. What do you think of that?

Dj4nrv

« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2011, 11:33:06 PM »
True. It does help with the .feat artists tho rob. The new venue hub jukebox by SL has both options.?

rob sullivan

« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2011, 05:07:20 PM »
I know what you mean with the feat.........

For instance a song by 50 cent feat. Drake is known by most as just Drake. It's nonsense really, but people don't know all of the time, and therefore can't find what they are looking for.

Definitely one for the thought box.