Author Topic: 2.6.5 +  (Read 4765 times)

Dj4nrv

2.6.5 +
« on: January 09, 2012, 03:41:09 PM »
hi all , been really enjoying the software over christmas, it got alot of use ;D
i have come across a few more things.

I no we have already been told NO WAY but i think ive hit the stage where i have so many songs i could really do with genres within genres. im up to about 22 genres now i think.

Also alot of my track and album names do not fit in the spaces provided under the artwork and some don't even fit on the track listing cards.

i still would like pages to view folders rather than a long scroll with maybe a page 1 of ? , to show how many more pages there is to browse.

could we have the play all feature extended to genres aswell as albums?
Only i was putting the top40 tracks all in the same folder as its own genre and then i had the playall feature for the whole top40, which was nice being able to play the current top 40 at a press of a button.
I now put the top 40 into a folder Named '1top40' (so its shows at the top of the genres) with each track in its own folder with its own artwork. but obviously ive now lost the play all feature?

on a similar note could we have an option to do away with the text under the genre image too, because as i said i now name my genres with a number at the beginning of the name and it shows up in the vjb interface.

Steve

• Administrator
    • Jukeblaster.com
Re: 2.6.5 +
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2012, 09:33:55 PM »
Hey Dj

Glad to hear you got a lot of use out of your Videobox over christmas, that makes it all worth while for us, knowing that you guys are enjoying the software as much as we do  :D

Ok, the categories and genres thing, its still not on the cards for Videobox, we want to keep it simple.
I know you pro's that are used to Videobox always want more features but we have to balance that out with the people that are new to our gang, we dont want to overwhelme them with tons of settings and crazy databases & folder structures etc.
But, dont lose hope... You will get your wish if/when we get around to writing Version 3.0

Quote "could we have an option to do away with the text under the genre image too"
Maybe turn the category labels off ?  ;D (control panel -> Interface Options -> Category Labels)

« Last Edit: January 10, 2012, 09:46:55 PM by Steve »
Send us some crypto :-)
It helps us pay for the forum and new jukebox developments

Bitcoin
bc1qlfjvxfpj75wcpraa5phvvxjpc9w7dxhd8y9s0k

Doge
DGvvJZ6JNxcGtSSbgjaNE5zDe13YWwaPVE

Dj4nrv

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2012, 12:03:51 PM »
keep it simple , i hear you steve.
i think part of my problem is ram too. my vaio only has 512mb and struggles as soon as videos are added to the library or as soon as i get to a certain number of folders in a genre , hence the 22 genres. i may have to look into that ?

'Maybe turn the category labels off ?   (control panel -> Interface Options -> Category Labels)'

maybe i wasnt clear enough mate, only i meant the text under the popular tracks/albums picture and when i select a genre it shows text under the image on the top bar. hope thats a bit clearer. lol

any news on user created themes yet steve??

have you used STFE before? i use as a front end for my juke/swp. i think i see a video somewhere on here that showed someone using it ..... maybe john? but yeah.....
ive been playing around with STFE and i really like the way i can edit the layout and buttons etc.
if i could edit videobox in a similar way , it would be ideal.

Steve

• Administrator
    • Jukeblaster.com
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2012, 07:55:08 PM »
Dj

No I havnt used STFE before, where can I see it ?. :)

Bitcoin

Doge

Dj4nrv

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2012, 10:13:02 AM »
here: http://home.online.no/~llindga/

have a look.
when im home later il add a screenshot of my wallbox running vjb , stfe , windows connect and INDIE Emulator.

Steve

• Administrator
    • Jukeblaster.com
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2012, 11:38:11 AM »
Dj

Yeah it looks cool, looks like the front ends that are used for MAME game emulators etc

Bitcoin

Doge

Dj4nrv

« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2012, 01:06:18 PM »
Have a play with the theme editor, see how you get on.

MAME yes , I believe that was the intended use for it , there seems to be a link between the creator and the arcade emu wiki page, but as I said, I use it to launch my choice of games and vjb from a single home screen.

Dj4nrv

« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2012, 09:17:27 PM »

Here's mine so far.

Dj4nrv

« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2012, 09:20:53 PM »
Sorry that was bigger than intended  :o
I haven't finished the theme yet.
I think i might run the vjb ad in the center window too?  ;D

Steve

• Administrator
    • Jukeblaster.com
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2012, 09:27:43 PM »
Dj

Seems cool, but why do you show the VBX install box though lol  :D, I'm sure you could take a screenshot of VBX or something better ?.
Where do you get the other games - poker & trivial pursuit etc ?.

Bitcoin

Doge

Dj4nrv

« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2012, 10:43:51 PM »
I no.... Haha.
Its just a combination of being busy and lazy, it'll do for now.
The games....that's a whole new ball game. You can find more info over at the fruit emu forums.
But pm me about it, if you need to know more :)

deefer

« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2012, 01:12:02 PM »
I am newbie to JBP and I would like to see sub folders, thought it was quite strange that it isn't possible.

I would like to have

Genre/artist/album/songs

My "rock" genre has over 2200 tracks which makes navigation a bit tricky :)

Dj4nrv

« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2012, 09:48:13 PM »
Genre/artist/album/songs,
I'm after something like genre/sub genre/artist-tracktitle/artist-tracktitle.mp3
I currently have genre/artist-tracktitle/artist-tracktitle.mp3 for singles and genre/artist-album/artist-tracktitle.mp3 with extra genres for some featured artists and top40 etc, because I find it to be faster to find what i want than scrolling along for ages in a genre or album.
I don't think it would be too confusing to a third tier to the folder structure?
I found it a bit strange too at first, and still do, but I now also see the advantages of keeping things simple.

Steve

• Administrator
    • Jukeblaster.com
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2012, 08:57:57 PM »
Deefer & Dj

Checkout the Videobox 2.7 update, your sub-cat wish is granted ;D http://jukeblaster.com/forum/index.php?topic=403.0

Bitcoin

Doge

Dj4nrv

« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2012, 11:06:54 PM »
Yes!
Thank you Steve n Bry! ;D