Author Topic: Home Juke Box - will not play radio streams  (Read 3340 times)

gavin

Home Juke Box - will not play radio streams
« on: December 24, 2020, 08:48:44 PM »
good evening i am playing with home juke box and i cant seem to get it to connect to internet radio, it fails to connect and continues scrolling down the list of alternatives not playing any of them. This could be something really simple but im not able to download the manual from the site to follow any step by steps.

Im running a fresh install of windows 10 and home Juke box is the only additional programme installed. i have looked at firewalls and all permissions seem to be in place, i get no error just not connecting to radio streams. internet connection is also very stable.

if someone has an answer i would be very greatfull to hear it, if this is a frequently asked question please point me to the answers. kind regards Gavin

Steve

• Administrator
    • Jukeblaster.com
Re: Home Juke Box - will not play radio streams
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2020, 07:37:02 AM »
Hi Gavin, sometimes the streams are just a pain and timeout (we dont know why), you will find that one day they work and the next they wont, thats why we put multiple slots in there as a fall-back. also some networks/routers are a problem too, for instance I have a radio url that works in my house (talk radio) but wont work on my man-cave jukebox in my shed (connected with wifi).

Ok, first think to ask is are you using the default stream urls that were already installed at setup, or have you input new urls yourself ?.
Are you connected directly to your router ?, wireless or wired ?

Steve  :D

« Last Edit: December 27, 2020, 06:28:36 AM by Steve »
Send us some crypto :-)
It helps us pay for the forum and new jukebox developments

Bitcoin
bc1qlfjvxfpj75wcpraa5phvvxjpc9w7dxhd8y9s0k

Doge
DGvvJZ6JNxcGtSSbgjaNE5zDe13YWwaPVE