Author Topic: re sub Genre removal  (Read 3483 times)

dlkentertain

re sub Genre removal
« on: April 15, 2017, 09:24:25 PM »
HI Guys

Is there a way to remove the sub genre of a track. I have tried in music manager. Selecting the track with a sub genre, deleting the sub genre and saving. But when I re select the track in Music manager the sub genre is still there.

TIA

Neal

Steve

• Administrator
    • Jukeblaster.com
Re: re sub Genre removal
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2017, 06:40:41 PM »
Try that with 'Easy Music Tagger' and tell me if you get a different result:- http://jukeblaster.com/index.php?page=detail&get_id=43&category=
Send us some crypto :-)
It helps us pay for the forum and new jukebox developments

Bitcoin
bc1qlfjvxfpj75wcpraa5phvvxjpc9w7dxhd8y9s0k

Doge
DGvvJZ6JNxcGtSSbgjaNE5zDe13YWwaPVE

dlkentertain

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2017, 09:51:34 PM »
Hi Steve, sorry missed this reply until now I had tried Easy Music Tagger but this did not work either. I sent you a detailed email on the 27th with images attached cheers Neal

Steve

• Administrator
    • Jukeblaster.com
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2017, 09:59:08 PM »
Hi Neal

I tried removing a sub-gen with easy tagger and it worked for me?, send me one of your files and I will test it.
Ps: why remove a sub-gen, just change it to something else ?

Bitcoin

Doge

dlkentertain

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2017, 10:03:28 PM »
Copy of email below hope its clear... I need to get another license for my PC here as I have sent the Jukebox to get ready for site. Which license should I buy (don't need bells and whistles) just to replicate the site unit so I can see files loaded etc...

The first issue is as follows.

I click on "Tracks A-Z" and it displays the Genres. I then click into Genre and see list of tracks in most.
Some however for Example when I click the genre "Irish" I don't get the tracks I only get 2 options (see image 1) if it then click on "Show all tracks" box is shows me the Irish tracks (see image2) however if I click on "Traditional Irish" it displays pop songs ( see image3).

On looking at one of these tracks in music manager eg "Robbie Williams - Bodies" there are 2 versions 1 audio (see image4) and one video (see image5) which is the one in the Irish Genre - Sub Category " Traditional Irish"

In Music manager I select Sub-Genre and Traditional Irish is not there.

I have also tried reloading the music on the Jukebox and this did not fix the issue either.

2nd Issue

You cannot remove a sub category from a track using music manager. If you select a track with a sub-genre delete the sub-genre and save then look at the song again in music manager the sub-genre is still there.

TIA for your help hope above is clear.

Steve

• Administrator
    • Jukeblaster.com
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2017, 10:15:07 PM »
Hi Neal

Im sorry I dont remember the email as im super busy at the moment, but I will try to help you with some of your points...

Q. You click on tracks A-Z but you get genres ?
A. there are so many tracks on your jukebox that they must be grouped by genre, if you just got all your tracks listed alphabeticcally it would take you 10 minutes just to scroll through the tracks starting with the letter 'A'. think about it :-)

Q. Cannot remove sub-genre, there are 2 files 1 video & 1 audio.
A. Dont use 'Music manager', try 'Easy Music Tagger' instead.

Im available on friday if you need remote assistance :-)

Steve

Bitcoin

Doge

dlkentertain

« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2017, 10:16:37 PM »
I need to get another license for my PC here as I have sent the Jukebox (licensed) to get ready for site. Which license should I buy (don't need bells and whistles) just to replicate the site unit so I can see files loaded etc...

Steve

• Administrator
    • Jukeblaster.com
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2017, 08:14:18 AM »
Ok, I guess there are 2 to choose from, 'Pro' & 'Enterprise', the pro is probably the same as the one you already have, the enterprise edition can protect your music file by scrambling them, this deters site managers, collectors etc from stealing your tracks.

Pro:- http://jukeblaster.com/index.php?page=detail&get_id=33&category=

Enterprise:- http://jukeblaster.com/index.php?page=detail&get_id=34&category=
Enterprise JMC:- http://jukeblaster.com/index.php?page=detail&get_id=35&category=

Bitcoin

Doge