Author Topic: Newbie Place to to start Inspiration Ideas  (Read 14607 times)

cyberbob

Newbie Place to to start Inspiration Ideas
« on: June 22, 2013, 03:48:57 PM »
Well

I must admit I have been very lazy with my project, to many other projects.

So far I've really been getting my software set up, now im happy, so its time to make something. nothing to special. but a start

I went down the convert route, too big for me, then I converted an old quiz machine, which works really well.  all with the trusty laptop with activated version still waiting to use my other licence on the final end build.

I've started very basic, added my coin mech and Jukeblaster Remote board, only been waiting 6 month's to have a little play :)  & it functions as it should straight out the tin, very good very handy for using in jukebox mode a must I would say.

But ill update as I go, but It will be slow :)

« Last Edit: October 26, 2013, 08:50:46 AM by Steve »

cyberbob

Re: Newbie Place to to start Inspiration Ideas
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2013, 02:28:45 PM »
Just an update

This is what I ended up making.

Bry

• Administrator
    • Jukeblaster.com
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2013, 09:42:35 AM »
nice sl conversion mate it looks the part :-)
did u wire up the coin mech too ?
Send us some crypto :-)
It helps us us pay for the forum and new jukebox developments

Bitcoin
bc1qz9wd2ymdnjy3ge5h7fjlrdc2zt0grry0ugwwv4

Ethereum
0xC3bB19c7078055117f2481ACb81587d6Da343B0E

Doge
DGvvJZ6JNxcGtSSbgjaNE5zDe13YWwaPVE

cyberbob

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2013, 02:28:42 PM »
Hi
Not as yet, its all wired into a board inside. I need a credit to board to attach to mech , no biggie really just got to get a mars board or something on travels, so I can use the old mech, im sure it could be hacked in some way but , I want to keep it as tidy as possible, the old amp is in there, easy enough to wire too, I could have made the wire but again purchased one so it looks nice and right, I was going to go down the route of a resistor or pots for volume rvc unit, but thought stuff it I want it right, so have the rvc unit for it. reject wont work from it, unless I wire it the usb board. again easy enough.  im sure it had reject and volume, mmmm but other than that, its just my jbp folder from the in wall built system in the games room :)

see attached wall fitted. just a pc the over side of wall. (room needs painting but is a workshop/play area :)

cyberbob

« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2013, 03:02:41 PM »
Still have the sound, mech some bulbs & some jigging to do, with reject ect via rvc, usb remote is wired and actually works through the glass, not far but functions perfectly so no need to open up. pop it open press service, and bingo :) any changes updates done via the side entrance or rear of pc for usb update.

Ill do a nice video when finished and cleaned tidy ect, this is basically how it come in, I've just removed unwanted loom and old pc, the main thing is the pc that comes in these old jukes, but that's not really a biggie either, I had an old pc laying around & with video box pro, if it display 1 small fault ill just deactivate & hunt for something better, new is best in the long run of course :) worth the commitment and effect its just taken me some time to find time for it, I did this in an afternoon, however the jbp folder and my art ect has been done over months, because im lazy :)

Bry

• Administrator
    • Jukeblaster.com
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2013, 04:15:09 PM »
not bad for a days work I like it :-)
what cm does it h ave ?

Bitcoin

Ethereum

Doge

cyberbob

« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2013, 05:02:44 PM »
well that was a day lol.
but months of reading and studying learning, but I knew nothing when I started out.

cm c220b

so need a credit board, it does have the orig board in, if I can work out where the pulses come from then im laughing its either on serial or the ps2 port , either one. I doubt ill bother and just add a mars or Klingon credit board to it

Bry

• Administrator
    • Jukeblaster.com
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2013, 08:53:44 PM »
well if its a 220b u might be in luck cause u can mod ur Coin Kit board in a way that might work directly with the 220b (ccTalk serial mode) ->

see here for connectin -> http://jukeblaster.com/forum/index.php?topic=568.0

and see here for how to mod ur Coin Kit here (mod at ur own risk) -> http://jukeblaster.com/forum/index.php?topic=459.0

and the history of this mod here -> http://jukeblaster.com/forum/index.php?topic=445.0

hope it works for u :-)
« Last Edit: October 18, 2013, 08:56:24 PM by Bry »

Bitcoin

Ethereum

Doge

cyberbob

« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2013, 09:44:51 AM »
Many thanks for advice linkys :)

it is a serial version, only a 3 pin plug to hook up to it, and I cant find anything on them at all, I did hook the credit board up, was taking coins but randomly added credits back up to 99 on its on so must be a faulty cr board.

here's my c220b

cyberbob

« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2013, 05:01:01 PM »
Well replaced credit board, bingo working fine, guess that's what I get for using used parts at the end of the day.
really happy with result, ill do a video and update.

cyberbob

« Last Edit: October 24, 2013, 09:59:54 PM by Steve »

cyberbob

« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2013, 11:25:34 AM »
Just an update.

Be very careful if your using a SL amp/ psu unit,  when it come out the main board, it was 12v dc, when I took board away and come straight from the psu unit, it went 12 AC, ouch credit board smoked, lucky for me I never had the usb board connected, so in the end I hacked into the pc,s psu and took my 12v power and earth from there, I didn't want the sle board still in there no need. new credit board is definitely now required, :(

cyberbob

« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2017, 12:36:49 PM »
Well its been a few years now 4 if im correct.

& she is still going strong & I've never had any issues what's so ever with it.  I only update it about 4 times a year, and it has over 50k in tracks on it now.  im still running the version from back then also, as I have never updated it or connected it to the web.

its used for about 18 hours a day & has been left on for months at a time, at gets very high usage.  even my back up juke box at home, gets about 2 hours use a month & again has been working all that time also. ill have to look at building another & buying a new licence to support you guys. 

Well done jukeblaster.   VERY VERY HAPPY WITH YOUR GUI & Software.

cyberbob

« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2017, 12:48:45 PM »
sorry had 1 blimp after 18 months.

which the guys helped fix, very very fast,  a must try for any home brew people or people who like tinkering. 

I tried others 2 and this has lived up too and beyond my expectations

well done Juke Blaster TEAM !