Author Topic: *** V2 Update ***  (Read 1809 times)

Steve

• Administrator
    • Jukeblaster.com
*** V2 Update ***
« on: February 05, 2011, 08:29:46 PM »
Hello

Ok, i thought it was time to give you an update on V2.
What can I say, we wanted to release Xanadu at Christmas, but that went over into January, and guess what,  here we are in Feb!, so whats happening ?.

Well first of all, I can finally announce that 'Xanadu' now has a real name, V2 will be named VIDEOBOX.

Ok, to the reasons we are behind
1. We spent a lot of time incorporating a new feature that just would not behave (we got it to work in the end)
2. Although Videobox is based on JBP (and works in a similar manner), we thought it might be a good idea to write new documentation, this has turned out to be time consuming.
3. We decided to look at the common problems that people doing a new install encounter and we concluded that we could make improvements in that department, but again this all takes time.
4. We want to do a 'small ammount' of testing before release, as you guys already know, I tend to bug-fix by using feedback from you, because you are the ones using the software in the 'real world', but I want to eliminate the 'silly mistakes' we missed before release.

Anyway, Videobox is coming along and I know i'ts gonna be ok, everyone here is using it now, and we are enjoying using it too, thats a good sign!

So, all thats left for us to do now is a bit of writing & testing, then you get to cast your verdict!.

Oh, before I forget, I told you last time, one of our guys here (Bry) is talking about giving away some goodies, well you will be hearing from him soon, He's got  a coin acceptor or something he wants to give away and some copies of Videobox, stay tuned.

« Last Edit: February 05, 2011, 08:34:06 PM by Steve »
Send us some crypto :-)
It helps us pay for the forum and new jukebox developments

Bitcoin
bc1qlfjvxfpj75wcpraa5phvvxjpc9w7dxhd8y9s0k

Doge
DGvvJZ6JNxcGtSSbgjaNE5zDe13YWwaPVE