Author Topic: music library size  (Read 12281 times)

cyberbob

Re: music library size
« Reply #30 on: October 27, 2013, 12:04:59 PM »
just to add confusion I did a bit of both as I was not 100% on what to do.

there's not to many to change it though,  of my head im sure I done tracks one way and videos another, so when searched videos appear at the top first. I think. 

your have got me at it all now, ill settle with the rest of the build challenge then move back onto the library, now im happy with result.

to be honest, me and a m8 started working on it all at the same time and & he went his way I mine, his was free but he's not happy & wants to scrap it, and use mine, which is fine but he has to pay. and everything he has done to his is no good for mine, I like the file search display name thing, id rather rename files than mp3 tags any day.  he used tags, with filenames like 1 2 3 4 ect, and wanted the dl auto update route, for tagging ect, needless to say no industry standard to this either, so results vary.

hope that makes some sense & wish you all the best improving your speeds & search's 

really its each to his own, I know what I want from it & its just a question of making it work rather than wanting a way around. if that makes any sense at all.

jukejohn

« Reply #31 on: October 27, 2013, 01:45:48 PM »
well this is weird tested on a couple of p4 mobos with xp and got better but not perfect results
however retagging and sorting my files on my laptop which is Celeron 1.5 2gb mem with win7 and its almost perfect the only thing I can come up with is ill try win7 got a slimed down version somewhere will get back to you

cyberbob

« Reply #32 on: October 27, 2013, 04:07:19 PM »
Sure I have some really good handy p4s still :)

But in the long run.

jukejohn

« Reply #33 on: October 27, 2013, 09:38:52 PM »
looks like ive done it
used xp performance 32 and half my hd to 250gb
only have about 20gb to test it with but search now instant
see how it goes as I upload more albums
used a hp system 2gb mem dual 1.8ghz cpu

sorry bry steve for moaning guess quality not quantity is the answer ill be more careful with the albums I decide on and reduce duplicates got some work on here dudes  ;D
and thanks bob for your inspiration and advise with your video upload  ;)

cyberbob

« Reply #34 on: October 28, 2013, 07:17:38 PM »
:) 7 with a quad a good one is :)  8) 8) 8) I fell in love with the gui and I work around most things :)

glad to hear you happy now slowly load :0 at least it may reveal something at that point, but to be honest I cant really see any limits to it. fingers crossed :)

jukejohn

« Reply #35 on: October 29, 2013, 11:50:53 AM »
it will be a while before I report back got a few jukeboxes to build and repair between now and xmas so have to shelve project for a couple of weeks