Author Topic: Is support available for Pub Jukebox?  (Read 7485 times)

clive

Re: Is support available for Pub Jukebox?
« Reply #45 on: April 06, 2021, 02:03:23 PM »
yes,checked that and on both PCs the only files in there are those installed (3 image files and the instructions).

You can try it yourself, just disable adverts (make sure they actually are disabled as it seems to take several attempts and a restart) and then just leave it on the front screen and it will freeze.  The test is still running its up to 2.5 hours now without a glitch and running on 2 external monitors a VGA touchscreen and a HDMI external for the videos.  If I switch adverts off it freezes within minutes.

Not really that odd?  there is clearly code running to check whether to display the adverts and that code is messing up when they are switched off it seem. 

clive

« Reply #46 on: April 06, 2021, 02:25:31 PM »
PS... deleting the instructions file made no difference.

Steve

• Administrator
    • Jukeblaster.com
« Reply #47 on: April 06, 2021, 02:30:20 PM »
ok, so i bust-out my win10 laptop and seems ok so far...
I have it on constant bgm with advertising off (see pics)
Send us some crypto :-)
It helps us pay for the forum and new jukebox developments

Bitcoin
bc1qlfjvxfpj75wcpraa5phvvxjpc9w7dxhd8y9s0k

Doge
DGvvJZ6JNxcGtSSbgjaNE5zDe13YWwaPVE

clive

« Reply #48 on: April 06, 2021, 02:37:32 PM »
Have you closed the program and restartesd it and checked that advertising really is off?  It took me several attempts to get it to actually be off rather than saying its off?

clive

« Reply #49 on: April 06, 2021, 02:38:47 PM »
how do you get that carousel look?  that isnt an option on my version?

Steve

• Administrator
    • Jukeblaster.com
« Reply #50 on: April 06, 2021, 02:46:45 PM »
Yes I have restarted it and it plays fine, I've tried rejecting a few with F12 and putting a selection on and then back to bgm with no problems so far.
However you should not need to restart to get it to turn ad's off, thats not normal.

Bitcoin

Doge

clive

« Reply #51 on: April 06, 2021, 02:48:46 PM »
I think you may be running a different version as I dont have that carousel as an option and I am sure others have posted that since flash was decomisisoned it doesnt work anymore so people have been moving over to the non flash version (as have I).

clive

« Reply #52 on: April 06, 2021, 02:50:38 PM »
all i have to do to get it to freeze with ads off (on either PC) is leave it untouched so that the adverts would run. Not touch the mouse or anything.  As I say, you seem to have a different version installed though so that may be a factor.

clive

« Reply #53 on: April 06, 2021, 02:52:54 PM »
What I mean by restart to turn add off is this... if i switch them off they show as off, it i leave the menu and then go back they still show as off.  If I exit the programme and go back they show as on again.  I THINK, the only way to switch them off is to access the engineer menu after the system menu and then exit... but that may have just been a coincidence.

Steve

• Administrator
    • Jukeblaster.com
« Reply #54 on: April 06, 2021, 03:20:19 PM »
Im confused by what you said, does it freeze when ads are on (showing) or when they are off (not showing) ?

Bitcoin

Doge

clive

« Reply #55 on: April 06, 2021, 03:41:10 PM »
when they are switched off.  What I was explaining is that the slider showing they are off does not mean they are (on my version) so it can take a while to actually switch them off.. clearly if they are off, no adverts should be popping up... but I was still seeing them after seitching them off several times.. each time when I went back to the option they were still on.  Only be switching them off, restarting the program and checking the option was still off could I be sure they actually were off.

So, my set up with 2 external monitors has worked without a glitch for 4 hours now... so i stopped it, switched adverts off, made sure they were off.  NOTHING ELSE CHANGED.  I then loaded the program, played one track and left it alon without touching anything and within 3 minutes of the track ending it had frozen so that I could not select anything.  Identical problem on both Windows 10 PCs although the hardware/interfaces and specifications of the 2 are very different.

Steve

• Administrator
    • Jukeblaster.com
« Reply #56 on: April 06, 2021, 04:03:05 PM »
Yes but as far as I can see you are not eliminating the external monitors as a problem, does it freeze if you just use the interface with no external monitors ?.

Bitcoin

Doge

clive

« Reply #57 on: April 06, 2021, 04:12:33 PM »
yes.  If you have a standalone PC with just one monitor (laptop) or desktop and just run it without adverts on the one screen with it set to user interface it will still freeze if you leave it alone for about 3 mins after loading it. 

The external monitor was a bit of a red herring it seems as the issue only exists when advertising is OFF. 

I have now switched advertising on and am running with this configuration without any issues at all.  I have also replaced the standard advertising image with a new one which I will post below.  So for me, all is working now with adverts on (not ideal but an acceptable workaround).  I am sure others will hit this same issue though.

clive

« Reply #58 on: April 06, 2021, 04:13:11 PM »
This is my "advert"

clive

« Reply #59 on: April 06, 2021, 04:14:56 PM »
I have also been running it on a 55 inch outdoor TV which will be part of the final set up togehter with a smaller touchscreen interface.