Author Topic: Paul Smith retro style VideoBox  (Read 14058 times)

jukejohn

Re: Paul Smith retro style VideoBox
« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2012, 09:48:42 PM »
yes its got 2 12inch base units and 2 mid range with tweeters sounds nice

also see your useing a large drive so i presume you got a lot of albums loaded
do you mind telling me how much you got on in used hard drive space just that
im at 170gb on a 230gb ssd and everything so far is ok as before with double
that amount i had problems running slow
just wonderd how yours is copeing

dex

« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2012, 12:18:38 AM »
Niceeee 1
I have 2SATA hard drives ...320GB is main with Windows7 OS....AND ANOTHER ONE 400GB...its empty at the min so its running  free..till some more stuff build up.......lol
am a Dj myself and have everything up 2 date.....i have no choice as ppl always asking me for new stuff............
the PC an software ruining fast so far..........its all up 2 ur PC specs...like RAM..... PCU  and most important cooling fans....i have installed extra fan inside the main case as it gets very hot when its closed........the extra fan is blowing cool air inside the main case.....heat always slows down performance..no matter if its laptop  tower-case r car.lol.another tip...i would recommend to hover uot ur PC inside every 3 month r so.as it builds dust on main heat sink and develops the  heat ....remember heat is ur enemy.lol
So end of the line my system runs like a dream at the min...i may consider reinstall to 64 bit and add some more memory RAM..........
Jukejohn.........whats ur specs with ur system...if u dont my 2 share pls
DEX
Plastic is real

jukejohn

« Reply #17 on: November 01, 2012, 10:25:12 AM »
im useing a intel mini itx mobo dual core @1.5ghz and 2gb memory plus a solid state 240gb hard drive
on windows 7 sadly prefure xp for stand alone jukebox but due to useing ssd it requires trim  in 7 only
and this mobo will not work a 2nd monitor under xp

cooling well not sure if you are clued up with mini itx cooling isnt a issue jukes like nsm sound leisure
all use itx in there wallmounts
however i do run a large fan in the cab

dex

« Reply #18 on: November 01, 2012, 12:59:47 PM »
Sounds gd jukejohn,SSD is the daddies at the min,u shudnt have any prolem bud,u r up2 date
Plastic is real