Author Topic: speed up tips  (Read 1823 times)

jukejohn

speed up tips
« on: August 26, 2012, 09:25:09 PM »
at last got videobox running just fine

if you have id3 taggs in your files get rid of them with mp3tag its a free program and gets rid of
any embedded crap also name your files simple instead of rod stewarts greatest hits just name
it rod stewart cd1 cd2 in one file with jpg cover seems the less videobox has to read the better
keep all your box sets in one file location say 100 pop hit/cd1 cd2 cd3 cd4 cd5 after all that run
filename fixer and hey presto clean and simple files

adjust the covers to display small images its less scrolling time i even binned my more music buttons i made no longer needed has this shows 3 times as many albums pr page which is more ideal for large collections but if you have a small collection just leave them at default size

all that and a decent motherboard mines a p4 2ghz 1gb memory 250gb drive running on xp
dont use windows 7 for a free standing jukebox too much of a pain with permission requirements
simple xp runs videobox smoother did test this out on my setup and its perfect [other systems will be different]

so bry/steve after all my moaning and being cock sure i got everything right i was wrong so
over the next couple of weeks will be finnishing my rockola bubbler with update pics inside and out

cheers dudes

ps  mp3tag spoton

Steve

• Administrator
    • Jukeblaster.com
Re: speed up tips
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2012, 10:46:05 AM »
Great tip's John, thanks for sharing  :D
Send us some crypto :-)
It helps us pay for the forum and new jukebox developments

Bitcoin
bc1qlfjvxfpj75wcpraa5phvvxjpc9w7dxhd8y9s0k