Author Topic: Input Bug  (Read 2054 times)

tye3333

Input Bug
« on: October 26, 2019, 12:06:26 PM »
Hi guys,

i may have found a bug?  ill tell you what happens and maybe youll have the same problem as me.

its a simple one, but pressing keyboard buttons too fast, over and over causes my Pub Jukebox program to stop responding to keyboard inputs.  the music will keep playing and touch responses still work just no keyboard input will work.
for my i have to push volume up and/or volume down as fast as i can for about 20-30sec.

this can be a problem because bar staff will want to turn the jukebox down fast for an announcement and repetitively push vol down and this has caused it to lock up. 

Thanks
Tye 

Steve

• Administrator
    • Jukeblaster.com
Re: Input Bug
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2019, 07:52:10 AM »
Hi tye, its your pc that handles the keyboard input and passes the commands to PJ, i've tested this as fast as I can pressing the keys with no problem at all, maybe the pc you are using is too slow to handel the input while running PJ at the same time ?, the pc might be 'buffering' the input ?.

As a workaround you could use the android app on your phone as the volume control.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2019, 07:54:14 AM by Steve »
Send us some crypto :-)
It helps us pay for the forum and new jukebox developments

Bitcoin
bc1qlfjvxfpj75wcpraa5phvvxjpc9w7dxhd8y9s0k

Doge
DGvvJZ6JNxcGtSSbgjaNE5zDe13YWwaPVE

Tony Neen

Re: Input Bug
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2019, 01:52:30 PM »
Hi, first of all, i don't use Pub Jukebox, i use a different software but had similar problems when trying to control a JukeBox in a Pub.
I wanted to be able to adjust volume, Balance (for different zone volume), Mute, skip track and shutdown & add free credits remotely from behind the bar.
I used a program called volume2 (https://irzyxa.blogspot.com/p/downloads.html) to control the sound side of things, you can send keystoke to volume2 via a numerical keypad (either USB or wireless), i used USB to make the control more robust (no flat batteries).
I made labels for the keypad and put it in an enclosure so you could see only 9 keys (didn't want to confuse bar staff).

Hope this helps,
cheers
Tony