Author Topic: JMC won't install, after extracting the files the application file disappears  (Read 4075 times)

Piper

Using the trial version, I'm trying to install the Jukebox Management Console. When I hit Install the files download but then when I click on the application shortcut for JMC it says the shortcut is no good and then going into the folder the application file is no longer there. I've tried uninstall/ reinstall several times to no avail. Please help!

Piper

Re: JMC won't install, no Music Manager install option
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2019, 04:54:11 AM »
I should point out that it is a Windows 7 machine I cannot get JMC to load on. I was able to get it onto a Windows 10 pc. On top of that, there is no option to install the Music Manager unlike all the other screenshots I've seen of the installation program, does that only come with the paid-for Enterprise version?

Tony Neen

Could be your Anti Virus software throwing a false positive and deleting the files ??

Steve

• Administrator
    • Jukeblaster.com
Try this...
download zip
right click zip and select properties, then click "unblock" (bottom right)
unzip
install
Send us some crypto :-)
It helps us pay for the forum and new jukebox developments

Bitcoin
bc1qlfjvxfpj75wcpraa5phvvxjpc9w7dxhd8y9s0k

Doge
DGvvJZ6JNxcGtSSbgjaNE5zDe13YWwaPVE

Tony Neen

Steve, could you check this out for me, cheers Tony

https://jukeblaster.com/forum/index.php?topic=1727.msg6226#new

Piper

I don't see any "unblock" option anywhere in the Properties area, so unfortunately that solution did not work.

tp112061

It is definitely your antivirus software. Norton did that to me when installing the demo and Windows Defender did it when installing the registered version. You may have to go into the Anti Virus Software and have it restore the executable and have it ignore the executable file in the future.