Author Topic: my wish  (Read 2544 times)

stampy69

• www.awesomex.com.au
    • AwesomeX Mobile DJ & Karaoke Services
my wish
« on: April 06, 2012, 11:23:21 AM »
make the "v" say video....all my cunstomers think it means volume and hit left or right to turn the sound up or down.

make the credit reset available with a pin.....so jukebox hire clients (or me) can set it to 0 when it goes to a new venue.

add a remapper for the remote control buttons.......woukld be nice to customise numbers 1-9 to do certain things.

make a "hide windows" list/manual so people can hide it with ease without shelling :D

full track names on the one screen - artist, title, album........none of this scrolling stuff :)
WWW.AWESOMEX.COM.AU - For all your DJ, Karaoke & Jukebox needs!!

stampy69

• www.awesomex.com.au
Re: my wish
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2012, 12:08:39 PM »
thought of a couple more today that'd be great to see :)

a power off button on the remote that shuts down windows so you can turn it off safely.

or a power off button in the software that shuts down windows.

I"M having problems with people unplugging the machine when they're done and then windows is not loading up properly .

None of the key mappers i've tried so far have successfully managed to map the "end" to the power button.

Chrism

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2012, 02:54:08 PM »
Hi Stampy,

the power off function already exists on the remote, you can set it to close videobox, or to completely shut down Windows - I will have a look exactly were in the settings menu it is but the option exists.

also some computers also have the option in the BIOS to automatically power on when the power is switched on,  so say they power down and then turn off at the plug, the next time they turn the plug back on the system will automatically turn on.

Also agreed that a easy way to reset the credits back to 0 would be great,  I was thinking of looking into this to try and find where it stores the credit info, that way a little script could be written to reset it every time the PC loads up.

stampy69

• www.awesomex.com.au
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2012, 02:58:40 PM »
my button dosent do anything......wonder if i got a dodgy one.

i got the bios to power up no worries but its turning it off thats giving me drama.

i dont want to have to open the juke everytime and press the power button on the pc.

how much do you knoe about scripts???...i got one here i just made in autohotkey but its not working right :(

Chrism

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2012, 09:48:51 PM »
Hi Stampy,

I have noticed the power down is a bit iffy, it takes a good long press, if you press and hold it will eventually turn off, guessing its that way to stop it being pressed by accident.

I am no real genius at scripting but I am hoping the credit is held someplace simple or in the registry, that way I can make an old style Batch file to remove the credits when windows loads (its the old MS-DOS Days of computing but it still works).

Steve

• Administrator
    • Jukeblaster.com
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2012, 10:33:04 PM »
Hi guys

Chrism is exactly right on this, Just press & hold the red power button on your remote (top right corner) for 3 seconds.

3 Seconds is to prevent accidental shutdown, and you can set it to shutdown just Videobox or the PC as well,  in the VBX control panel -> Shutdown Options.
Send us some crypto :-)
It helps us pay for the forum and new jukebox developments

Bitcoin
bc1qlfjvxfpj75wcpraa5phvvxjpc9w7dxhd8y9s0k

Doge
DGvvJZ6JNxcGtSSbgjaNE5zDe13YWwaPVE