Author Topic: RE: Disable startup repair boot options vs windows system stability ?  (Read 1776 times)

J.R.

So after setting my win7 bios settings to power on after power fail (so you can just plug in mains and pc comes on) I have now disabled  the startup repair and boot menu options from windows command line so you can just unplug the mains and power off the unit.

= Then you can plug the mains in again so it will always start windows normally and not go in to "recovery" mode.

So I suppose my question is if the  pub jukebox system now can be shut off at any time without prior warning does the app write much to disc when in normal use.>if so would this way of using the power off and on function corrupt anything terribly ? has anyone done this ?

I can see that the windows operating system running in the background is pretty idle after the PJB app and coin kit is up and running with the exception of some graphics and serial communications it looks like the O/S  enters a stable state fairly quickly. (see attached pics)

Any thoughts would be most appreciated cheers !

J.R.

So I have decided to hide all the safe mode boot options now by setting windows system configuration boot to NO GUI BOOT - which seems to hide all the safe mode windows startup rubbish that was coming up and ignore it !
I will check volume fragmentation after a few dozen on/off states ! 

Steve

• Administrator
    • Jukeblaster.com
PJx & HJx will both survive a surprise power loss no problem, I do it every day almost, I have my jukebox playing and then i just turn the power off (winXp), it comes back on the next day no problem.
If you look in the the program directory you will see that a 'user.config' file is saved for recovery, if anything goes wrong this is then restored and your jukebox will start and play as normal :-)

Steve  ;D
« Last Edit: July 29, 2019, 08:18:41 PM by Steve »
Send us some crypto :-)
It helps us pay for the forum and new jukebox developments

Bitcoin
bc1qlfjvxfpj75wcpraa5phvvxjpc9w7dxhd8y9s0k

Doge
DGvvJZ6JNxcGtSSbgjaNE5zDe13YWwaPVE