Author Topic: Trial download  (Read 13355 times)

Steve

• Administrator
    • Jukeblaster.com
Re: Trial download
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2012, 11:19:31 AM »
Hi Stampy

I'l ask him after the update is out, see what he says, ok  ;D

Send us some crypto :-)
It helps us pay for the forum and new jukebox developments

Bitcoin
bc1qlfjvxfpj75wcpraa5phvvxjpc9w7dxhd8y9s0k

Doge
DGvvJZ6JNxcGtSSbgjaNE5zDe13YWwaPVE

stampy69

• www.awesomex.com.au
    • AwesomeX Mobile DJ & Karaoke Services
« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2012, 12:56:45 PM »
just make the update so karaokebox can play mp3s and you wont have to ask him :D :D
WWW.AWESOMEX.COM.AU - For all your DJ, Karaoke & Jukebox needs!!

Steve

• Administrator
    • Jukeblaster.com
« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2012, 10:20:58 PM »
Hi Stampy

You can't mix karaoke and mp3's mate, we tried it (disaster), karaoke works in a diffrent way than a jukebox does, with karaoke you have a screen on stage for lyrics but then you need a selection screen away from the stage, and dont forget that people take time to come up and sing, thats why Karaoke Jukebox has an adjustable interval or 'countdown' that you can set, also with karaoke people like to enter their name, again this is available in Karaoke Jukebox. (also check the additional remote functions to extend or decrease the interval)

On another note, The Karaoke Jukebox BGM works in a diffrent way to a jukebox, have you noticed how that works yet ?.

All I'm saying is that any software that plays both Karaoke and also acts as a Jukebox would be a poor compromise in our opinion, and thats why they are separate, test them both for a little longer 'on site' and you will see  :D

Bitcoin

Doge

stampy69

• www.awesomex.com.au
« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2012, 07:46:30 AM »
not quite sure what you mean when you say poor compromise, its exactly what my customers are asking for....the abilty to be able to play normal mp3s as a jukebox and the occasional karaoke song inbetween.

i see what your saying about people needing time to come up and sing, but surely you could set it up so karaoke/cdg files take priority over mp3s so as soon as they select a karaoke song it plays next in the que so the selecter is still standing there and hasnt had time to walk away.

failing that a little program to switch between karaokebox and videobox would be great.........what are the chances of that happening??

Steve

• Administrator
    • Jukeblaster.com
« Reply #19 on: April 21, 2012, 06:55:50 PM »
Lol, its not as easy as 'setting it up', but I know what you mean  ;D, as I said there's every chance that we could do a little switcher program at some point.

Bitcoin

Doge

stampy69

• www.awesomex.com.au
« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2012, 04:34:52 PM »
i downloaded simpletouch fe today and had a llittle play with making my own switching program.........sadly simpletouch has a pretty shitty looking skin but the potential to make it work was definately there.

essentially what i'm after is a screen like this (attachment) that loads at startup of windows, each button obviously opens videobox or karaokebox, then some sort of "always on top" button that closes whichever program you originally choose and takes you back to the karaoke/jukebox options screen.

I've got a mate who reckons he could do this no problems but he's overseas at the moment so i have to wait 3 weeks for him to get back :(

Steve

• Administrator
    • Jukeblaster.com
« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2012, 06:01:37 PM »
Stampy

Think theres a front end and sheller program one of our members have put on here http://home.online.no/~llindga/

Bitcoin

Doge

stampy69

• www.awesomex.com.au
« Reply #22 on: April 23, 2012, 10:29:29 PM »
yep thats the one i'm using :D

I emailed Lars last night and said its quite easy to setup however his software is not licenced for commercial use.

stampy69

• www.awesomex.com.au
« Reply #23 on: April 24, 2012, 09:50:20 PM »
ok so i got that my skin working perfectly and added karaokebox (trial only) and videobox to each button, its works perfectly but whats its missing is a switch button or power off button, basically i have to run in windows mode then use the "X" in the top right corner to close the program and return to the main menu.

any chance i can get a hidden power off button added, say one that pops up with a key cobination like shift+P, i'll need it to work in party mode only as coin mode will be strictly for juke functions and not karaoke.

another work around i can use it to set the power option on the remote to close video box only, this returns straight back to the main menu also.