General Category > Your Pictures & Videos

My Sound-Leisure Audio Surfer Conversion

<< < (2/4) > >>

Laurence:
As requested

One is coin controls c220 and the other is c220b

Steve:
Hi Laurence

Ok, the bad news first:- That coin acceptor does not have a ccTak interface!, it pre-dates the ccTalk protocol and uses an old binary format so it will not work.

The good news:- you can substitue a cheap SR5 which is more or less a direct replacement with similar or same fittings as I remember.

Try this search:- http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_odkw=sr5&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.Xsr5+coin+acceptor.TRS0&_nkw=sr5+coin+acceptor&_sacat=0

Laurence:
Thanks for your reply,

i've tried using the method that bry did using a USB cable and linked the wires the same way. i even used the Coin-Kit software. but what is baffling me is why is windows trying to install the device, whilst Coin-Kit CCTalk Software islooking for a comport when its USB.
i do know however my touchscreen is using a comport. but the coinkit software only shows Comport 1 and 2. yet my pc for the jukebox only has 1 Comport.

Also when i purchase an SR5, do i wire it straight up to the Coin-Kit board itself?

Steve:
Ok, I will take your reply one stage at a time, here goes...

Q. "i've tried using the method that bry did using a USB cable and linked the wires the same way"

A. This will not work because your coin acceptor is not a ccTalk device, its not compattible with Coin Kit (soft or hard), be careful you could damage your hardware.

Q. "what is baffling me is why is windows trying to install the device, whilst Coin-Kit CCTalk Software islooking for a comport when its USB"

A. The comport is a 'Virtual' it emulates a standard rs232c comport over a USb connection, if you dont understand this come back to me and I will explain :-).

Q. "Also when i purchase an SR5, do i wire it straight up to the Coin-Kit board itself?"

A. YES, Coin KIt soft & hard both support the sr5, you can put wires straight to your Coin Kit board and it will work or you can use Coin Kit soft with a SR5 or SR5i or SR3 etc etc.

In short, any Coin Acceptor that supports ccTalk will work with Coin Kit. :-)

jukejohn:
I've set up a lot of the sound leisure cabs using the 220b mech and excel boards with a keyboard interface or a ipac board also the trick is to make life easier is to use a key remapping software don't need cctalk never use it and these jukes are still functioning in pubs
ill help you but rarely get on here these days

john

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version