Author Topic: My Sound-Leisure Audio Surfer Conversion  (Read 14865 times)

Laurence

My Sound-Leisure Audio Surfer Conversion
« on: January 20, 2016, 12:16:34 AM »
Hi guys,

i have been wanting to share some pictures of my sound leisure conversion. and here are some pictures and one video (28 seconds).

the only problem i'm having is getting the Coin-Controls C220B working with the coinkit board. i've purchased a new board so i'm up to date, i've purchased the CCtalk software and have my coinkit board in CCtalk mode. but the board and software will not pickup my coin mech.

Any advice on how to get the C220B working would very much appreciated as the coin-mech is my only set back on having this complete now and i'm not really wanting to use another coin mech as it means i'd have to make adjustments to the coin-mech area which really isn't alot of space and it wouldn't look very nice. and i have uploaded the datasheet earlier on today.

i have tried using a Sound-Leisure Coin Interface board and an Excel 2.2, but no luck.

Laurence Tweedy
« Last Edit: June 24, 2016, 07:51:16 PM by Steve »
Laurence

Laurence

Re: My Sound-Leisure Audio Surfer Conversion
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2016, 12:15:12 AM »
this jukebox is still a work in progress because of the coin-mech is a set back. i'm considering getting the CH-926 coin mech because its less effort. but i don't want to ruin the cabinet to make adjustments to get the CH-926 to fit.
Laurence

Laurence

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2016, 06:21:00 PM »
could anyone please guide me through what is required to have the C220B to work.

i have coinkit with remote controller and i have a C220B, do i need a sound leisure credit board, Klingon Board, Excel board?

any help will be very much appreciated
Laurence

Steve

• Administrator
    • Jukeblaster.com
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2016, 07:07:06 PM »
Hi laurence

How is your coin acceptor currently wired to Coin Kit ?.
Can you show a picture of your C/M from the side showing the label ?.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2016, 07:10:00 PM by Steve »
Send us some crypto :-)
It helps us pay for the forum and new jukebox developments

Bitcoin
bc1qlfjvxfpj75wcpraa5phvvxjpc9w7dxhd8y9s0k

Doge
DGvvJZ6JNxcGtSSbgjaNE5zDe13YWwaPVE

Laurence

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2016, 07:12:24 PM »
currently, i do not have the Coin Acceptor connected to the coinkit. however i do have the coinkit in CCtalk mode.
but i'm not at the location of the jukebox at present
Laurence

Laurence

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2016, 06:51:26 PM »
As requested

One is coin controls c220 and the other is c220b
Laurence

Steve

• Administrator
    • Jukeblaster.com
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2016, 07:03:24 PM »
Hi Laurence

Ok, the bad news first:- That coin acceptor does not have a ccTak interface!, it pre-dates the ccTalk protocol and uses an old binary format so it will not work.

The good news:- you can substitue a cheap SR5 which is more or less a direct replacement with similar or same fittings as I remember.

Try this search:- http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_odkw=sr5&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.Xsr5+coin+acceptor.TRS0&_nkw=sr5+coin+acceptor&_sacat=0

Bitcoin

Doge

Laurence

« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2016, 08:25:23 PM »
Thanks for your reply,

i've tried using the method that bry did using a USB cable and linked the wires the same way. i even used the Coin-Kit software. but what is baffling me is why is windows trying to install the device, whilst Coin-Kit CCTalk Software islooking for a comport when its USB.
i do know however my touchscreen is using a comport. but the coinkit software only shows Comport 1 and 2. yet my pc for the jukebox only has 1 Comport.

Also when i purchase an SR5, do i wire it straight up to the Coin-Kit board itself?
Laurence

Steve

• Administrator
    • Jukeblaster.com
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2016, 10:19:11 PM »
Ok, I will take your reply one stage at a time, here goes...

Q. "i've tried using the method that bry did using a USB cable and linked the wires the same way"

A. This will not work because your coin acceptor is not a ccTalk device, its not compattible with Coin Kit (soft or hard), be careful you could damage your hardware.

Q. "what is baffling me is why is windows trying to install the device, whilst Coin-Kit CCTalk Software islooking for a comport when its USB"

A. The comport is a 'Virtual' it emulates a standard rs232c comport over a USb connection, if you dont understand this come back to me and I will explain :-).

Q. "Also when i purchase an SR5, do i wire it straight up to the Coin-Kit board itself?"

A. YES, Coin KIt soft & hard both support the sr5, you can put wires straight to your Coin Kit board and it will work or you can use Coin Kit soft with a SR5 or SR5i or SR3 etc etc.

In short, any Coin Acceptor that supports ccTalk will work with Coin Kit. :-)

« Last Edit: February 03, 2016, 10:30:54 PM by Steve »

Bitcoin

Doge

jukejohn

« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2016, 02:50:14 PM »
I've set up a lot of the sound leisure cabs using the 220b mech and excel boards with a keyboard interface or a ipac board also the trick is to make life easier is to use a key remapping software don't need cctalk never use it and these jukes are still functioning in pubs
ill help you but rarely get on here these days

john

Laurence

« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2016, 01:59:35 AM »
finally after a couple of months on and off the project my Sound Leisure conversion is complete.

Coin mech: Sr5I (not an easy find)
Coin-kit: Jukeblaster Coin kit

if you are wondering how i've got the remote to work. it isn't through the perspex and it isn't through the screen or anywhere in that region. in fact i've drilled a small hole in the coin Ejection slot just the sloped edge and desoldered the coin-kit IR sensor and attached it with 3 wires so i have more maneuverability (no de-soldering wasn't easy as the soldering was double sided) however IR sensor works fantastically.

there is only two things left to do which is very small things and she'd be playing away.

to-do list
1: Figure out how to wire the Service mode to an electric lock switch (Fruit machine refill)
2: Tidy up wireing and then last, have her on my wall.

also is there much of a difference between videbox 2.7.0.0 to the latest version. because i don't know what the latest version is.
Laurence

Laurence

« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2016, 02:02:57 AM »
thanks to Jukejohn and steve for giving me a few pointers to help me complete my journey on having a S/L Conversion :) couldn't of done it without you both
Laurence

Laurence

« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2016, 04:53:53 AM »
Hello again guys, My S/L Conversion is now fully complete, not yet on the wall but fully working i've added some pictures for you as well as the complete specs that Videobox is running off of. Enjoy :)
Special thanks to steve and Jukejohn for helping me finish the project.

AMD Phenom 8250 Triple Core 1.90Ghz
Cores: 3
Threads: 3

Hard drive: Western Digital Blue 500gb sata II/III
Screen size: 15 inches
Screen resolutions:
First screen top: 1280x1024 (Touch Screen)
Second screen bottom: 1024x768
Graphics Card: AMD Radeon HD 5450
Audio: Creative Sound Blaster X-FI Titanium (SB0880)
System memory: DDR2
Slot 1: SpecTek PC2-6400 2GB
Slot 2: Kingston PC2-6400 2GB

Special features:
Lighting: change pattern touch of a button inside jukebox
Jukebox power up: powers on when plugged into the wall
Laurence

reno

« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2016, 08:58:43 PM »
What are you using to power you car amp. And how much watts and spreakers are you using

Laurence

« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2016, 09:12:22 PM »
the car amp 2000 watts, and my speakers that i am using are ProSound 50W 8 inch Passive Speaker (50W continuous (RMS) output with 100W peak for a clear quality audio output).

to answer your question about how i'm powering up the car amp, i'm not entirely sure as my brother in law was the one who helped me build my jukebox. but Reno when i see my brother in law i think Thursday. i will sit down with him and take some notes on how my jukebox has been cabled completely and what power adapters/power supplies i'm using.

but here is a picture of the speakers hanging up.
Laurence