Author Topic: Folder Depth  (Read 5062 times)

madmax

Folder Depth
« on: May 26, 2010, 12:44:10 PM »
The current limit for two folders is not good enough

I would like to see

\JBP\Genre\Artist\Album

but preferably

\JBP\Genre\Artist\Album\Cd (1 or 2)

as a minimum, the reason for this is if you take one out then the list will either be about 3000 artists on the left or if you leave out the album then all the tracks and cds are mixed together including the artwork.

Also when browsing through after a set time the screen defauts back to 'Popular Albums' - can I stop this?

Also there doesn't appear to be any numbers on the search keyboard - which makes it difficult looking for 911 for example

I do like it though

Regards

Jukeboxprojects

Re: Folder Depth
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2011, 10:24:04 PM »
Hey madmax,  don't know if I'm way too late replying to your post but I had a similar issue to yourself. I got around it by setting sub folders in the JBP folders which are alphabetical. The best way to do it is A-B, C-D, E-F and so on! I put UVW and XYZ as the last two sub folders. Just organise all your albums in to there and that stoops the 3000 albums on the navigation pane on the left.  It's not the ideal answer to your suggestion of being able to have a longer file tree (which is a brilliant suggestion might I add) but it goes a little way to help organising everything without having to decided dozens of genres files to pop them into.

Hope that's of some help!

Dj4nrv

Re: Folder Depth
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2011, 11:15:24 AM »
Or you could organize your Music libraries into Genres , Like the bloody softwares designed for!!!
 :D

MediaMonkey or the Like are ideal for this?? Just back up your music library before you do anything!!!