Author Topic: Request for a 'Play All' button with 'Shuffle' mode option...  (Read 1495 times)

MikeUK

Request for a 'Play All' button with 'Shuffle' mode option...
« on: February 19, 2022, 03:20:30 PM »
Hi,

May I put forward a program enhancement request for 'Home Jukebox' ?

My request is to have a 'Play All' button appear along with an option to toggle on/off 'Shuffle' play mode?  These options can be hidden by default and placed within the Home Jukebox 'setup screen' as is done for the 'Reject Track' button.

Examples where this would be useful (IMO) are as follows:-

1. Specific album by an artist.

If I drill down to Fleetwood Mac album Rumours, I would like the option to play all 11 tracks in sequence, that is tracks '01' sequentially through to track '11'. 

I have placed the 2 digit track number at the start of the all the track titles within this album to ensure the tracks appear on screen in track order sequence, whether drilling down to that album by artist or using the search by 'Album' option.

The only option at present is to manually select each track individually to play in sequence.  This is cumbersome task and prone to mistakes.  Without the 'track number' identification in the title, looking at the current playlist, it would be impossible to tell which track to add next to the playlist or identify track selection sequence errors.

2. Random play by genre / artist / folder.

If I select a specific genre, where there are lots of track selections, it would be great to have the option to 'Play All' tracks as they are sequenced within that list, or, toggle 'Shuffle' mode on, and play all tracks within that selection in a random sequence.

I have a music folders (genres) by 'artist collection', 'specific year' or 'Compilation Album' amongst others.  It would be great to have the option to 'play all' tracks within those selections in the sequence as they are ordered and appear on the screen or in 'Shuffle' mode.   

Anyone else have a use for 'Play All' and 'Shuffle' play mode?

Thanks.