General Category > General Discussion

Coin Mech Power Dilemma!!

<< < (2/6) > >>

PMiddy001:
Thanks for your quick responses, Steve. They don't make it easy using the same colour wires. I'll give it a go over the weekend and will report back!

PMiddy001:
I thought it would be a "safer" idea to power the coin mech from a separate power adapter, so following Brian's tutorial, I've done everything that he's explained apart from where the power is coming from.

All fitted into my jukebox, I clicked to open the coinkit software to make sure that it's all compatible and it won't open without being connected to the internet! - Is there anyway around this as my jukebox is a self contained unit with no access to the internet. Nothing's straight forward!

Steve:
You will need to put internet on temp to use the trial and for registration, once registered you can use it without the internet.
As for a seperate power supply im not sure about that one as they wont have a common ground or something ?

PMiddy001:
Okay Steve, I'll carry the PC up to the house and will connect it up temporarily.
Yes, I was wondering about the earth wire but apart from a separate power supply, I'm out of options. I do seem to remember seeing a video on YouTube where a coin mech was connected this way. I'm determined to get it working somehow! Thanks for your reply.

PMiddy001:
I've finally got the PC online and managed to get the coinkit software up on the screen. I did splice through two of the wires coming from the PSU on the PC and the green light on the coin mech is on. I surprise myself sometimes!

I auto detected the COM port (currently it's showing on COM12 - but I have tried them all over the last hour) I then go to Diagnostic but there's "No reply, trying to reset coin acceptor" - I have a feeling I'm so close but desperately needing your expertise! Any help would be appreciated.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version