General Category > General Discussion

Networked libraries

(1/3) > >>

Dj4nrv:
Hi, I have currently 3 jukes running either JBP or videobox and I find it a real pain updating all 3.

So Is anyone using a networked library?.. Not even sure if it's possible but can I use my nas as my library storage.
I don't see Why it wouldn't work?
I have a wall mounted touchscreen Pc that is running XP from an internal hdd. It has an onboard cf card slot too though.
I would like to install the os and software to the cf slot and access the media library stored on a networked Pc or other networked device. I could then do away with the internal hdd.
If possible is it then possible to have all 3 jukes linked to the same networked library?
If so I could update the one library and all 3 jukes are updated!
Has anyone even tried this?

Steve:
Hi Dj

Yes you can do that, thats what i do, I have my music downstairs on my main PC and a laptop upstairs using wifi.
Its a bit slower using wifi, but I didnt want to run a cat5 lan cable.

Dj4nrv:
Really!
I'm actually moving in January and I am planning on having your softwares running on 3 PC's in 3 zones. ;D
Games room
Living room
And one in my bedroom lol.
I'm am currently In The process of installing a gigabit LAN setup all round the building so all should be sweet.
 ;D

Cheers Steve.

Steve:
Hey Dj

Sounds cool with the gigalan, I also dont see any reason you cant have 3 sharing a library.

Dj4nrv:
Nice... I'll try it over the weekend with 10/100 and see how that goes for now.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version