Author Topic: licensing in the U.K  (Read 2087 times)

stuntmasterzs

licensing in the U.K
« on: April 26, 2012, 05:26:44 PM »
After showing the local pub videobox running they are interested in having one built BUT. How do i legally put music on the jukebox for them?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks everyone.

Dave Jenkins.

jukejohn

Re: licensing in the U.K
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2012, 06:35:23 PM »
well most pubs do have a entertaiment license so the pub would have to contact them most jukebox operaters
do a fee for the updates this link might help http://www.prsformusic.com/users/businessesandliveevents/livevenuesevents/soundadvice/aguidetolicences/Pages/aguidetolicences.aspx

i  have done jukes in the past for pubs both coin and freeplay and simply left it to them to update the music no comeback to me [not using vjb]
and as far as i know everthings ok but if they get a visit they need to show a operating licence or a heavy fine is slaped on them

not fully clued up with it but its expensive but im sure there will be a monthly fee of some sort

Steve

• Administrator
    • Jukeblaster.com
Re: licensing in the U.K
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2012, 06:45:43 PM »
Hi Dave

I can not give you any legal advice on this (we dont sell or handle music).

Our products are aimed at the home constructor/hoby market, if you want to use our products in a commercial setting I strongly suggest that you read our EULA first, because if you use our products in an illegal way or in a way that requires us to pay any royalties or fees then you will be in breach of your license (see the Videobox EULA).

But I can tell you that you cannot install our software in advance for your friends at the pub, because they must agree to the software end user license agreement themselves during install.

We think the law is realy vague on this, so just be carefull mate.

« Last Edit: April 26, 2012, 06:54:16 PM by Steve »
Send us some crypto :-)
It helps us pay for the forum and new jukebox developments

Bitcoin
bc1qlfjvxfpj75wcpraa5phvvxjpc9w7dxhd8y9s0k

Doge
DGvvJZ6JNxcGtSSbgjaNE5zDe13YWwaPVE