Author Topic: The end is nigh for direct contact  (Read 10265 times)

Steve

• Administrator
    • Jukeblaster.com
The end is nigh for direct contact
« on: May 15, 2013, 08:40:37 PM »
Well guys it looks like the time for direct contact with us is drawing to an end, our Bry has now totally deleted his email address & PM (private message facility) due to people constantly emailing him with questions instead of posting questions on the forum.

It seems people are just trying to bypass the forum and our website contact forms completely, thinking that they will get a faster answer by emailing us or sending us PM's. I can understand this thinking but it wont work for us and its no faster.

I wouldn't mind but I've had 2 messages in the past 24hrs both from long-standing members (not noobs), one addressing me by name on the forum (instead of asking open questions), and one today via PM telling me its our fault he's lost money because his jukebox isn't working! lol.

I dunno guys, I don't want to lose touch with you but its getting a bit silly now, it seems nobody is willing to follow the forum rules, what should I do ?,
« Last Edit: May 15, 2013, 09:50:39 PM by Steve »
Send us some crypto :-)
It helps us pay for the forum and new jukebox developments

Bitcoin
bc1qlfjvxfpj75wcpraa5phvvxjpc9w7dxhd8y9s0k

Doge
DGvvJZ6JNxcGtSSbgjaNE5zDe13YWwaPVE

jukejohn

Re: The end is nigh for direct contact
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2013, 10:26:06 PM »
think ive used your name and brys on the forum sos dudes  :-[

Steve

• Administrator
    • Jukeblaster.com
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2013, 07:54:29 AM »
Ahh its's ok John, I'm just having a moan, its just ticked me off because our Bry has been forced to delete his email account, he was unable to get any work done because of constant interruptions from people sending 'urgent' emails to him all the time.
Looks like I may have to go the same way too if I cant get people to use the forum properly.
The reason we ask people not to address forum post to us by name is because as soon as our name is used nobody else will attempt to answer the question (even if they know the answer), so the question just sits there until we answer, this is all good but then the next person thinks that this is way to go and they also direct their question to us, and so after a while everyone and his dog is firing there questions at us instead of the open forum.
I don't mind the noobs sending me a PM or email when they first join us, everybody does that at first, I answer their first question but also educate them by providing a link to the forum & rules.
Only problem now is that our Bry wont get any forum notifications or emails so I will have to handle them myself, lets hope I can cope with it, if not then I will have to remove myself from the forum too  :(
Ok... rant over

Bitcoin

Doge

Steve

• Administrator
    • Jukeblaster.com
PM's on hold
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2013, 09:49:54 PM »
Update*

Sorry guys, I'm no-longer accepting Private Message's or Emails until further notice, all direct communication to me will be rejected at the server.

The forum will continue to run as normal and I will try to help where I can.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2013, 09:59:32 PM by Steve »

Bitcoin

Doge

Darren123

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2023, 10:15:05 AM »
The big problem Steve is that new users are posting questions on the forum, like me and they are never getting answered when we are in need to try and resolve a problem with our setups, so users out of desperate measures try anything to get an answer. I posted 3 newbie questions in the home jukebox forum section and only one was replied to but not with the most helpful response. My last question hasn't been answered and it was about reducing the font size displayed on home jukebox track names that show up, the names are so big that they don't fit into the spaces to read, it would of been nice for a reply if the forum is the way ahead. Thankyou,  I know you're probably busy but we are paid users and after all it is your software that we choose so the support is greatly appreciated.  Maybe someone can have a look in the forum from time to time and make these answers to people's questions.  Cheers.

Steve

• Administrator
    • Jukeblaster.com
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2023, 11:16:49 PM »
Hi Darren, i really do understand your frustration as a new user, our software is not what most people are used to or expect, but there are a few things that you probably haven't considered or even thought about, we are a small team, just 2 of us, myself and our Bry, we are not Microsoft, and we can't support all of you like they can, we hoped that by setting up this forum for you that you would support each other, but it turns out that people only visit the forum when they run into a problem, and so it doesn't work.
I do try to visit the forum as often as I can and help people but its no substitute for peer to peer help.
Another aspect that you might not have considered is that we pay for the forum hosting and maintain it ourselves, there's no income to cover this. And the cherry on the top of the cake is that all of our jukebox software products are massively discounted for the home market, when myself and our Bry were writing code for the commercial market our software would sell for 12x what it does now for you guys, so I hope that you appreciate that we try to help, but we can't always...

« Last Edit: June 24, 2023, 05:35:18 AM by Steve »

Bitcoin

Doge