Author Topic: BGM keeps stopping  (Read 6154 times)

justiin

BGM keeps stopping
« on: August 26, 2011, 04:09:22 PM »
The Background music keeps stopping working from time to time.

I have found that pressing the reject button starts it up again for a few songs, between one and three, but then it stops again and wont random play.

Tried turning BGM off, clearing playlist and turning back on, but it still occurs.

Any suggestions anyone?

Steve

• Administrator
    • Jukeblaster.com
Re: BGM keeps stopping
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2011, 07:04:12 PM »
Hi Justin

Some suggestions

Make sure and double check the bgm times are set correctly, If it stops mid track by fading a track out, its the bgm times for sure.

If it plays a track to the end and then doesnt play another track then it could still be the bgm times but I would check the mp3 track is not faulty, a way to check this is to have a JBP folder with only 1 category and 1 track as a test, if it keeps playing the track over and over you can eliminate the bgm times and this would indicate a problem with your track mp3 files.

I asume this is only happening with constant bgm, not 5 min setting etc or BGM from URL ?.
Send us some crypto :-)
It helps us pay for the forum and new jukebox developments

Bitcoin
bc1qlfjvxfpj75wcpraa5phvvxjpc9w7dxhd8y9s0k

Doge
DGvvJZ6JNxcGtSSbgjaNE5zDe13YWwaPVE

rob sullivan

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2011, 03:17:02 PM »
I have found that setting a bgm finish time of 12pm doesn't work. If you set it for 23.59 or something like that it works fine.

Other thing I found is that you have to update the music files in the setting menu and ensure that the folder you are using for the bgm tracks is the correct one (or same as all the rest of your music).

justiin

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2011, 01:29:47 PM »
Timings are all set correctly (9.30am to 10.37pm) and it stops after the natural end of a song.

One thing I have noticed is that when it stops and a song is selected, it plays the start of the previous BGM song and fades out instantly.

Updated the music folder, so that it is correct.

Can't try BGM from URL as no internet connection, Will try the 5 minute option and see if that is any better.

Steve

• Administrator
    • Jukeblaster.com
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2011, 02:42:59 PM »
Justin

From what you have said "it plays the start of the previous BGM song and fades out instantly", that tells me it is a problem with the times you have set or your computer clock is wrong.

Here's how to test it, make sure bgm is on (constant), then.... change the start or finish times 'hour' until a track starts to play.

Bitcoin

Doge

justiin

« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2011, 03:37:16 PM »
Changed the times and it is now playing.. Played 2 songs so far. Will let you know if it stops again.

justiin

« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2011, 03:38:58 PM »
Changed the times and it is now playing.. Played 2 songs so far. Will let you know if it stops again.

It stopped again after two songs..

Should i completely uninstall JBP and remove any hidden JBP files, then reinstall and see if that changes anything?

Steve

• Administrator
    • Jukeblaster.com
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2011, 09:31:13 PM »
Justin

I can tell you for sure that there are no bug's or problems with the bgm in the current build of JBP, You can try a fresh install if you wish.

I cant say for sure Justin (because I am not in front of your PC) but from what you've told me so far I still think there is something wrong with the start or finish times or maybe even the Windows clock or the bios time even.

Bitcoin

Doge

jukejohn

« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2011, 01:08:11 AM »
same keeps happening to me stops and cant restart it clock spoton

Steve

• Administrator
    • Jukeblaster.com
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2011, 01:40:44 PM »
Justin

How did you get on, did you check the pc clock and bgm start finish times ?

Bitcoin

Doge

jukejohn

« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2011, 02:29:10 PM »
i have it set to constant so it does random play the clock is ok and the timer settings
are start 11.00 and finnish 05.00

jukejohn

« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2011, 12:56:06 PM »
any help on this please steve/rob as this needs to use the bgm

rob sullivan

« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2011, 08:23:02 PM »
Johnjuke

I know why your setting is not working. I have found that if you set the timer to cross over the 12am (midnight boundary) then the bgm doesn't work properly. Why!?!?! I have no idea. Running it on Windows 7 brand new machine and this happened and ensured internal clock is correct etc. I have to let the bgm finish at 11.59pm (23.59).

This might be something that Steve can elaborate on? Might be something to do with the way the program was written??

For me this hasn't been a problem as there are normally so many songs in the cue list that people have chosen, the music goes on well past 24.00hr anyway.

Justiin seems to be having some serious issues with his setup, but as yet I have been unable to replicate his problem and therefore am not able to help much. Kind of feel sorry for him.

Regards
Rob

jukejohn

« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2011, 09:55:31 PM »
ok ive found that when it stops i knock up the finnish time another hour or two its ok
until that time as passed
will do what you recomend and see how it behaves

Dj4nrv

« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2011, 10:58:53 AM »
il av a play tonight too. see what i can find. ;D

DJ is Back On Jukeboxes!!!