Author Topic: Is support available for Pub Jukebox?  (Read 7461 times)

Steve

• Administrator
    • Jukeblaster.com
Re: Is support available for Pub Jukebox?
« Reply #30 on: March 31, 2021, 01:03:39 PM »
It should remember which montior it was on last and show there after restart, but it sounds like you may have other problems if you have to use taskmanager to close it
Try this, Put PJ back into normal screen mode and just close it down as normal with the red X button top right of window and then restart, does it close properly ?, does it go the the correct monitor when you restart it ?
Send us some crypto :-)
It helps us pay for the forum and new jukebox developments

Bitcoin
bc1qlfjvxfpj75wcpraa5phvvxjpc9w7dxhd8y9s0k

Doge
DGvvJZ6JNxcGtSSbgjaNE5zDe13YWwaPVE

clive

« Reply #31 on: March 31, 2021, 01:48:06 PM »
Success!!!!!

So, I had to switch video to work on the user interface screen (as it didnt exit properly even when using the close window button and therefore froze up the main PC screen).  So, I went into engineer options, chose user interface under video options, then selected full screen mode and did a restart.  AND.... now its all up and working via HDMI as I wanted but with the external HDMI being my PRIMARY windows 10 screen.  I will continue to test but I think this is going to work fine!

clive

« Reply #32 on: March 31, 2021, 01:52:19 PM »
and yes... it does load on the correct screens after a reboot.

Steve

• Administrator
    • Jukeblaster.com
« Reply #33 on: March 31, 2021, 01:52:56 PM »
Thats brill Clive, well dome mate  ;D

Bitcoin

Doge

clive

« Reply #34 on: March 31, 2021, 02:03:19 PM »
Pub Jukebox – Video on external HDMI monitor

a)   Set the HDMI monitor to be your primary windows monitor.

b)   Go to display settings (right click on windows desktop), make sure extend these displays is checked.

c)   Select the HDMI display in the dropdown at the top and then scroll right down to just below “extend these displays” and there is a tick box to “make this my main display”.

d)   NOTE:  Your PC will now boot to the HDMI display each time and not the built-in display!

e)   Now load Jukebox and the interface will load on the HDMI display.

f)   While setting up, go to engineer, video options and set to display videos on the Interface screen.

g)   Now drag the jukebox screen to the PC display that you want to use for the interface.

h)   You can now re-enable full screen mode and restart jukebox.

i)   Jukebox will now load on the PC main display.  Go to Engineer, video and set to the HDMI (Primary) display.

j)   All should now be set up.

clive

« Reply #35 on: March 31, 2021, 06:10:26 PM »
Nope :(

Unfortunately this didnt work.  Whilst it ran longer it still terminates between tracks and the program crashes after roughly 1 hour.

It always terminates like this and never part way through a video.  Meanwhile the videos running directly from Windows 10  to second HDMI monitor (different PC) continue to run without a glitch (4 hours now).

clive

« Reply #36 on: April 01, 2021, 04:08:40 PM »
So, I can play from a selected track for hours with no issue, but within minutes of it reverting to background music it locks up ... but only when changing to the next track, never part way through a track.  That has to be a programming issue otherwise it would happen at random times or when changing tracks from the playlist.   It only even happens on changing tracks from BGM.  Is it possible for someone to check the code that runs at that point compared to the code that runs when its not BGM?

clive

« Reply #37 on: April 02, 2021, 09:22:09 AM »
Yesterday, to rule out all other options, I completely wiped the laptop and have reinstalled Windows from the Microsfot website and only have Jukebox loaded.

The problem is identical.  I can put tracks in the queue and it will hapily play for hours and hours.  As soon as I let the queue empty and BGM kick in it freezes on track change.   At the moment I am only able to use it with BGM disabled. From my own experience programming and testing this is clearly a software issue not a hardware issue.  From the error log I found before it seems to imply that it is trying to load a track which is outside the range of the tracks in the library.  I will post the log below:

Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
Parameter name: index
mscorlib
   at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException(ExceptionArgument argument, ExceptionResource resource)
   at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException()
   at System.Collections.Generic.List`1.get_Item(Int32 index)
   at ˆ“‡.ˆ“†.ˆ““()
   at ‡Ž˜.‡Ž—.›()
   at ‡Ž˜.‡Ž—.‡‘(Object  , MouseEventArgs  )
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnMouseClick(MouseEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at DevComponents.DotNetBar.ItemControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

clive

« Reply #38 on: April 04, 2021, 10:28:25 AM »
I have also now borrowed a VGA monitor to test as you suggested this only happens on HDMI.  I can confirm that the issue happens on VGA just as it does on HDMI when playing background music.  I have now had the jukebox play successfully with both VGA and HDMI fitted at the same time for over 6 hours IF there are tracks in the queue.  But it crashes within 10 minutes of starting BGM.

Steve

• Administrator
    • Jukeblaster.com
« Reply #39 on: April 04, 2021, 12:27:01 PM »
Does it crash on constant bgm or timer bgm ?
Have you tried it on a different pc ?
Does it crash on bgm if you only have the 1 monitor.

Bitcoin

Doge

clive

« Reply #40 on: April 04, 2021, 03:21:35 PM »
it crashes on any type of bgm... interestingly it even crashed with bam off when the queue finished.  it crashes with any external monitor connected... just vga,  just hdmi or both.  as far as i can tell it doesn’t crash if playing only to the interface but will disconnect monitors and leave it running to double check.

it only ever crashes at the point it displays the jukebox screen on changing tracks.

clive

« Reply #41 on: April 05, 2021, 07:54:45 PM »
Hi Steve,

I have done some more testing under different set ups with and without BGM.

First I tested leaving the Jukebox running with BGM on timers overnight with no second monitor connected.  It ran for 8 hours.

I then connected the HDMI screen and ran it connected but in mirror displays and it ran for 3 hours with no issues and then I stopped it.

I then switched the HDMI monitor to extend mode and set the video to play on display 2.  It ran for anything between 2 and 18 tracks before freezing ...always between tracks.

I then looked back at your post and thought what if I switch BGM off.  I did this, restarted the program and cleared the queue to stop the track playing ensuring BGM was off.

I played one track and it froze.  I tried this several times and it froze every time.  I restarted and didn't select a track to play and after a few minutes it froze.  This seems to be a pattern that forces the freeze.  No BGM, open the program, play a track and then touch nothing and it freezes within a few minutes.

clive

« Reply #42 on: April 06, 2021, 11:05:52 AM »
I THINK I HAVE FOUND THE ISSUE!

I installed on another PC and recreated the issue of freezing.   And it only seems to happen when advertising is turned OFF.  This would also explain why it worked perfectly while I was setting everything up but not when I made the final tweeks (full screen mode and advertising off).

Even with only one monitor (the main one) and set to user interface it freezes up when advertising is off.

I am just running a test with advertising on with the external monitors to see if that now works.

So it seems to be an issue in the code if advertising is set to off.

Clive

clive

« Reply #43 on: April 06, 2021, 11:33:19 AM »
So far seems to have prevented the freezing, even when using f12 to skip tracks.... what I have noticed is that (presumably where it was previsouly freezing) an advertising image now very briefly flashes up on the EXTERNAL monitor sometimes between tracks... it literally appears and vanishes straigt away.....other times they appear on the main monitor and stay for a few seconds. 

So, what is clear is that there is something in the code which causes freezes when advertising is set to off.

I am going to leave it running for a few hours to be sure the workaround of turning them on works... if it does, can I have just one advertising image or does there need to be 3?

Steve

• Administrator
    • Jukeblaster.com
« Reply #44 on: April 06, 2021, 01:54:09 PM »
Well it all sounds a bit odd, try this...
open you advert images folder (C:\Program Files\Pub Jukebox\System Images\Advertising Images) and make sure that there are only image files in there, and delete the 'INSTRUCTIONS.txt' file.
Does that help ?

Bitcoin

Doge