Author Topic: Android remote app use Pub Jukebox  (Read 3195 times)

J.R.

Android remote app use Pub Jukebox
« on: July 10, 2019, 08:07:05 PM »
Hi there I have recently downloaded the Pub Jukebox software,no issues I have it running with elo touchscreen ok with music installed and coin mech giving credits ok etc on dell 790 pc unit

I have also downloaded and installed the remote app Apk file ok on my phone.

My question is how can the app be used to control the Pub Jukebox would it be done via bluetooth linking the phone to the pc if the Pub Jukebox software is run on an offline machine.

I have checked the ip address info is correct but the app just will not "connect" to the PJB program to control it either via bluetooth or local wifi dongle. any advice would be most welcome.

Steve

• Administrator
    • Jukeblaster.com
Re: Android remote app use Pub Jukebox
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2019, 08:52:34 AM »
Hi, make sure your jukebox is connected to your home wifi either with lan cable or wifi, then open pub jukbox->engineer-> remote and set it to enabled & note down ip address (then restart pub jukebox)...
Now go to your phone remote app and open settings (three dots to right) and type in the ipaddress you noted (leave port at default), now click connect and all should be well. give that a go  ;D
Send us some crypto :-)
It helps us pay for the forum and new jukebox developments

Bitcoin
bc1qlfjvxfpj75wcpraa5phvvxjpc9w7dxhd8y9s0k

Doge
DGvvJZ6JNxcGtSSbgjaNE5zDe13YWwaPVE

J.R.

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2019, 09:26:08 PM »
Hi Steve thanks for the info it does indeed connect the app to the PJB when connected to my internet !

J.R.

Re: Android remote app use Pub Jukebox update
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2019, 10:35:37 PM »
So a quick update on my original post - to use the remote app on the PJB system I was setting up that was on an "offline" pc system.(not connected to my main internet.

It would appear that it is possible to connect the android remote app to an offline system by turning on the moblie hotspot function on my phone and then linking it to the pc via a wifi dongle !

Then the android app will pick up the local ip address and control the PJB software via local wifi on the host machine !

Steve

• Administrator
    • Jukeblaster.com
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2019, 08:01:23 AM »
Yes, we also have a wifi extender outdoors and PJ can be controlled over that, basically any way can connect to the network will do.
Also just just a tip, remember that the remote is universal to all our products and so the function of the buttons are determined by what you label them (in app->settings), so if you look on the PJ webpage (in remote section) you will see on the left of the page a list of button names and their function that will work with PJ:- https://jukeblaster.com/pubjukebox.html

Send us some crypto :-)
It helps us pay for the forum and new jukebox developments

Bitcoin
bc1qlfjvxfpj75wcpraa5phvvxjpc9w7dxhd8y9s0k

Doge
DGvvJZ6JNxcGtSSbgjaNE5zDe13YWwaPVE