Author Topic: Music jumping when browsing music.  (Read 3273 times)

zepzod

Music jumping when browsing music.
« on: October 14, 2013, 07:18:20 PM »
Hi, Just installed the demo on my newly built jukebox = AMD ATHLON XP 3000. 2.5GB OF RAM. 300GB IDE HARD DRIVE AND 256MB AGP GRAPHICS CARD.The problem is i can select a track and plays ok but as soon as there is any activity looking through my music installed the music keeps skipping until the music albums or tracks are showing on the screen. It  is only for a second but very annoying, I want to purchase the software but need to sort the problem out first and need to do it before my demo expires. Any ideas guys i thought my machine should be able to handle videobox ok. Also i only have less than twenty albums installed at present and no videos. Thanks hope someone may no my problem. :( :( :(

zepzod

Re: Music jumping when browsing music.
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2013, 07:22:02 PM »
Hi, Just installed the demo on my newly built jukebox = AMD ATHLON XP 3000. 2.5GB OF RAM. 300GB IDE HARD DRIVE AND 256MB AGP GRAPHICS CARD.The problem is i can select a track and plays ok but as soon as there is any activity looking through my music installed the music keeps skipping until the music albums or tracks are showing on the screen. It  is only for a second but very annoying, I want to purchase the software but need to sort the problem out first and need to do it before my demo expires. Any ideas guys i thought my machine should be able to handle videobox ok. Also i only have less than twenty albums installed at present and no videos. Thanks hope someone may no my problem. :( :( :(
I am using windows xp professional sp3.

Steve

• Administrator
    • Jukeblaster.com
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2013, 08:54:59 PM »
Hi Zepzod

Hmm, this is a difficult one but I can tell you now that your machine should be fine with that specification and we have never seen that fault (even on a pc with lower spec).

So here are my best guesses  ;D...

1. there is something else running in the background that is eating resources, do a ctr-alt-del and open taskmanager and shut down any other programs or processes that could be to blame.

2. the hard drive is compressed ?, or maybe its old and slow or faulty ?.

3, try more memory if you have some handy

4. antivirus or another program you may be unaware of is interfearing ?.

5, do you have the DOT NET framework 3.5sp1 installed ?, if so try to update to 4.

6. last resort, wipe the hard drive & make a fresh install of windows & Videobox.

If you find out whats causing this please tell me as I would be interested to know, if I can help any further just ask  ;D
« Last Edit: October 14, 2013, 09:00:07 PM by Steve »
Send us some crypto :-)
It helps us pay for the forum and new jukebox developments

Bitcoin
bc1qlfjvxfpj75wcpraa5phvvxjpc9w7dxhd8y9s0k

Doge
DGvvJZ6JNxcGtSSbgjaNE5zDe13YWwaPVE

stampy69

• www.awesomex.com.au
    • AwesomeX Mobile DJ & Karaoke Services
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2013, 03:17:13 PM »
this also happens on some of my older machines....i can tell you now its definitely to do with programs running in the background or low system specs. IDE harddrive wouldnt help either.

I basically made all my jukeboxes dedicated machines that only had windows XP and videobox installed.

Seemed to fix all my problems :)
WWW.AWESOMEX.COM.AU - For all your DJ, Karaoke & Jukebox needs!!

zepzod

« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2013, 10:24:18 PM »
Hi guys, A update on my recent problem I had with videobox, The jukebox build was using used parts from my old pc, It was a fresh install of windows , so nothing else running on it, I tried more memory and changed to a 3.2 prossessor which did not make any difference also updated all software as mentioned by Steve. I changed the hard drive which made no difference. So in the end I gave up on it and removed all the hardware and started again using all new up to date parts which now is working fine . :D

stampy69

• www.awesomex.com.au
    • AwesomeX Mobile DJ & Karaoke Services
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2013, 11:26:12 PM »
I'm having this issue again too......dell optiplex gx620, 3 gig ram, 500g HDD, windows xp.

Basically the machine is fine at the start of the night but after about 4 hours of playing it slows to the point where it pretty much freezes.

I cant work out why its fine then gradually slows down to a stop.

Had 5 complaints in 2 weeks about it.
WWW.AWESOMEX.COM.AU - For all your DJ, Karaoke & Jukebox needs!!