Author Topic: HELP  (Read 5414 times)

adam1980

HELP
« on: May 04, 2014, 08:17:28 PM »
I purchased JBP last year and have gone to use it today to find it will not start on windows vista! In my panic I have purchased a 6 month subscription at £34, redownloaded and installed with new license key and still cannot get it to run!

Please advise as have a party next weekend and was hoping to have JBP as my centre piece!!!!

Thanks

Steve

• Administrator
    • Jukeblaster.com
Re: HELP
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2014, 08:25:06 PM »
Hi adam

First dont panic :-), I am here to help you and I promise to get you going.
Ok, lets get started, first I need you to tell me what you mean by " cannot get it to run", what happens when you try to run ?, do you get any error messages or anything ?.
Just give me a little more detail and I'l be able to help you  :D
Send us some crypto :-)
It helps us pay for the forum and new jukebox developments

Bitcoin
bc1qlfjvxfpj75wcpraa5phvvxjpc9w7dxhd8y9s0k

Doge
DGvvJZ6JNxcGtSSbgjaNE5zDe13YWwaPVE

adam1980

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2014, 08:42:52 PM »
Hi, i double click the jbp icon on my desktop and nothing happens. i thought perhaps my subscription had run out so purchased another £34 subscription :(

Steve

• Administrator
    • Jukeblaster.com
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2014, 08:50:14 PM »
Hi adam, i have just had the same problem too, what I think is happening is that the server where JBP checks for updates is either slow or down so it is hanging looking for updates, if you try to run JBP and wait a while (a few minutes) it will time out looking for updates and fire up, an easy way to test if this is the problem just unplug your modem from the wall and JBP should see there is no internet connection and immediately fire up. I've seen this before its a temporary thing that will clear itself up.

Bitcoin

Doge

adam1980

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2014, 08:59:54 PM »
Eek!

Just come indoors from my man cave, had a shower and sat with the kids for a bit before going out and trying to start jbp again. Its fine now and starting with no problems. Obviously I panicked and paid £34 for a 6 month subscription, do i actually need this subscription or can i try and get a refund on this?

Many thanks for the advice Steve, I've come to love using JBP and the thought of not being able to access my music collection when I come in from work really hurt!!

Steve

• Administrator
    • Jukeblaster.com
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2014, 09:08:04 PM »
Panic over adam, I just tried and everythings fine again :-).
If you had just purchased a subscription in error I would have been able to get that reversed for you but unfortunately I wont be able to do that because you have purchased a new copy of JBP and been given a new serial number.

Bitcoin

Doge