Author Topic: My Wishlist.... Karaoke and other stuff.  (Read 2247 times)

baltetsch

My Wishlist.... Karaoke and other stuff.
« on: August 24, 2011, 02:10:03 PM »
Hi all,

I now have this software running on a couple of machines and I have become quite a fan.

However................. i do have some suggestions.

Secondary Library

The option to have a second library is something that would be terrific for me.  The purpose that I would use this for is to provide one library for music and the other for karaoke.

Preference would be that the secondary library could be turned off and on depending on if you where offering karaoke at the particular venue.  This could be similar to turning X-Mas off and on.

Karaoke Playback

Karaoke media format compatibility, particularly the MP3+G format (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MP3%2BG) (which seems to be the most common these days) would be great and the even better thing is that it is already half supported.

The way the format works is that you have two files that make up an MP3+G karaoke track as follows:

artist - title.mp3
artist - title.cdg

Obviously we all know what an mp3 file is and they already work in Videobox.  A CDG file contains the text which is presented on screen for the performers to follow.  A codec is required in order to be able to use these files.  A free one is available on Sourceforge (http://sourceforge.net/projects/karaoke-dx/), basically what needs to occur is for this text to be displayed in the video display section (and fullscreen on a secondary display).

Would also be advantageous if a performer had to type in their name when they selected a karaoke track (in a screen similar to the GUI which has been created for the search section), their name should then be presented on screen (and text to speach would be terrific as well) prior to the track being played.

Other Wishlist Items

Can be it be configured so that the screen defaults to full screen video if no one user interaction has been recorded for a period of time (30, 45, 60 seconds).

Admin Screen Lockout

Is there a way to have it so that if the software is configured so that you need to enter a PIN to access the Admin Screen that when you leave that screen and go back to the regular user screens if you then need to go back into the Admin screen that you need to enter the PIN again.

At the moment the screen remains unlocked which is obviously less then ideal.

I think that is it................ for now   ;o)

rob sullivan

Re: My Wishlist.... Karaoke and other stuff.
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2011, 03:45:15 PM »
To answer you question about admin screen lockout, you can enable this again by choosing 'coin operated mode' whilst in the settings screens. This resets the lockout, and when you exit the settings screen, the settings button has been hidden.

Rob

baltetsch

Re: My Wishlist.... Karaoke and other stuff.
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2011, 09:35:31 PM »
Thanks for that Rob, I will give it a go.