Author Topic: Videobox not playing mp3 files  (Read 5441 times)

JukeboxFan

Videobox not playing mp3 files
« on: July 03, 2021, 03:05:12 PM »
Hi all. 

I've put together a large collection of music and videos into videobox.  When I select a video, it loads into the tracklist and plays.  The issue I'm having is that when I try and play a standard music track with no video, it doesn't allow it to be played.  It also doesn't add to the track list.  I'm wondering if perhaps I don't have the correct codecs installed - although I assumed they would have been included in the install package?

Any help or advice would be appreciated, thank you!

Steve

• Administrator
    • Jukeblaster.com
Re: Videobox not playing mp3 files
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2021, 09:42:00 PM »
Hi, Its more likely that there is something wrong with the tags of the audio tracks, do the track tags have a title & genre ?, are they standard mp3 files ?
Send us some crypto :-)
It helps us pay for the forum and new jukebox developments

Bitcoin
bc1qlfjvxfpj75wcpraa5phvvxjpc9w7dxhd8y9s0k

Doge
DGvvJZ6JNxcGtSSbgjaNE5zDe13YWwaPVE

JukeboxFan

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2021, 09:21:21 PM »
Thanks for your reply Steve.  These are standard MP3 files that I copied from an old version of videobox I was using several years ago.  I have a new cabinet and bought a much better motherboard - and uploaded all my songs to it. 

I'm still having issues where the videos will play without a problem, and if I add an mp3 to the que, it will appear in the track list.... But once the video is over, the mp3 wont play and they vanish from the list.  I can't seem to get it to play any MP3 tracks at all.  I did try and download the manuals in your links (http://jukeblaster.co.uk/trial/VideoboxManual/VideoboxManual.zip) but these don't seem to be valid links anymore?  Is it possible to get the manuals for videobox, including the one about importing music as it's been a long time since I last did it.  The MP3 files that I used for this install worked fine on my old videobox version.

I noticed that out of the 2000 tracks I have in my music folder, it then says 2100 tracks in BGM.  I'm wondering if I should have my BGM folder different from my music folder - as perhaps that's causing a confusion? - and it wont let me play 2000 of these tracks as actually they're background music, not normal music?

Thank you

I've downloaded and installed the latest Klite Codec pack but that wasn't the issue.

JukeboxFan

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2021, 09:57:59 PM »
Solved:

I had installed the bios updates for the motherboard, but not the audio drivers.  I assumed these weren't the issue, as I had video playing just fine.  I'm unsure why videobox wouldn't load MP3s or try and play them, but would play videos fine - but installing the sound drivers for the motherboard sorted the issues. 

Steve

• Administrator
    • Jukeblaster.com
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2021, 07:47:32 AM »
That is indeed a weird one, you would think that windows would have a default sound driver, strange  :o
Send us some crypto :-)
It helps us pay for the forum and new jukebox developments

Bitcoin
bc1qlfjvxfpj75wcpraa5phvvxjpc9w7dxhd8y9s0k

Doge
DGvvJZ6JNxcGtSSbgjaNE5zDe13YWwaPVE