Author Topic: VideoBox suggestions + Q's  (Read 6344 times)

Dj4nrv

VideoBox suggestions + Q's
« on: March 20, 2011, 09:53:50 PM »
Hi ,
 really do like the new Videobox, i still got a couple of Q's tho.

1. Is there any plans for a theme generator? As im not 100% happy with the either of the themes that come as stock. Or even the ability to change more of the look . ie the reject icon, the video button+left+right etc?

2. CUSTOM HOTKEYS - The ability to assign actions to custom set hotkeys would be ideal.

3. Can i still insert my custom title cards?

4. Is it possible to change the location of where the search panel appears?

Steve

• Administrator
    • Jukeblaster.com
Re: VideoBox suggestions + Q's
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2011, 10:58:11 PM »
Hey Dj4nrv

You are starting a new wish list lol  ;D, stopit, it's too early, Videobox is brand new.

Of course everyone will review Videobox according to their intended use or likes/dislikes, but we've done our best to please.

Ok, to try and answer your questions..

1. No, their are no plans at present for a theme generator,... simply because theme & skin building is more complex than it looks and bad code would cause Videobox to crash.

2. we thought about this and it may happen in future.

3. No, we did away with that, we thought that nobody was using that feature ?, are you using it ?.

4. no way, there are a LOT of reasons it is where it is,  lol, where would you like it to be ?

Im going to start a new wish list soon for Videobox, I will move your post there ok  ;D

Send us some crypto :-)
It helps us pay for the forum and new jukebox developments

Bitcoin
bc1qlfjvxfpj75wcpraa5phvvxjpc9w7dxhd8y9s0k

Doge
DGvvJZ6JNxcGtSSbgjaNE5zDe13YWwaPVE

Dj4nrv

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2011, 11:48:24 PM »
Ha yeah sorry ...
cheers for the fast reply too.

I am pleased but would just like a bit more control over the look of my juke thats all.

it's shame about the theme generator because it would giv me some control over the look of my juke and im making into custom themes n stuff

The reason i brought up the hotkey issue is i have a usb numbad i use as a remote on another juke and it doesnt match the key config on videobox :(

I did use the title cards. altjough i hadnt made them formy whole collection yet so its no biggie.

The search panel was mentioned because it just seemed strange to me that it wasnt screen centred??

Also i noticed i cant enter the Music Update page when im in Party Mode, only in window mode? not sure if its meant to be that way?

Steve

• Administrator
    • Jukeblaster.com
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2011, 06:30:03 PM »
Hey Dj4nrv
"i noticed i cant enter the Music Update page when im in Party Mode, only in window mode? not sure if its meant to be that way?"

You found the very first bug my friend, although its not a biggie we will investigate.
Just goes to show, a user in the real world can find something that we missed over months & months of development.

Many Thanks for your report

Bitcoin

Doge

Dj4nrv

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2011, 06:16:15 PM »
Hii Fiiive !!

Dj4nrv

« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2011, 05:55:09 PM »
hi steve i think iv got another one for you.

i was listening to a track and in the BGM menu changing settings and it rejected my track and started playing a random BGM track on its own. i thought, ok so i can live with that. not really a problem, but then it repeated the same BGM track after too????? Strange , iv only had it once , just thought id giv u shout.

after reading over some of my over posts i may have come across as a bit of a moaner , but seriously i think this softwares great. Its the closest thing to the Sound Leisure Jukebox Software that iv seen and its just as solid if not better actuallly.

STEVE Have you seen or used Sound leisures stuff    ????

im guessing you have simply because yours is very similar ?

Steve

• Administrator
    • Jukeblaster.com
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2011, 06:11:49 PM »
Hi Dj4nrv

fell free to moan all you want  ;D.
Ok, the bgm works realtime, so if you change the time settings or the force bgm feature the music should obey ( give it a try, change the start or finish times while bgm is playing), as for playing the same track twice i dunno mabe just a fluke chance or something.

As for the S/L comparison, i'l take that as a compliment, though my software does not copy any particular design or brand.
In the begining I created JBP with the features that 'I' wanted to see in a jukebox, then Videobox evolved using feedback from forum members (see the JBP wish list)

Bitcoin

Doge

Dj4nrv

« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2011, 08:26:01 PM »
ok il try it. thanks. if i come across it again , il let u know .

I work with the sound leisure stuff and so use that as a kind of benchmark as i believe theyre pretty much the best around in the industry. Well in my area anyhow!!
User feedback is probably why theyre similar. They listened and so did you guys. :)

rob sullivan

« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2011, 12:16:47 AM »
Got a possible bug, but unsure to be honest.

A few people using my machine have stated that the screen freezes when they try to open the search facility in quick succession from choosing a category or album. I have investigated this myself and the computer still functions, the touch screen still functions, but the videobox has frozen. It normally snaps out of it after about 30 -60 seconds, but is a little embarrassing for me when I get a call from the venue every hour.

Running a new compaq pc, not an old one. Reasonable processor etc.

Any ideas?

Steve

• Administrator
    • Jukeblaster.com
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2011, 12:50:16 AM »
Hi rob

I've tried that here but found no problem, i picked categories and songs and then did a search but couldnt duplicate the problem, the search then went ok, i was able to search and the results came up ok..

I tried it a few times to be sure .

I'm running a dual core machine with reasonable graphics, let me know if you come up with anything..

Just a couple of things to check..
do you have any other programs running on the PC at the same time ?
does the touchscreen driver accept one touch input ?
Are the music files on the same PC as the software or is it located on a remote music server
?

Bitcoin

Doge

rob sullivan

« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2011, 06:50:18 PM »
Steve,

Had 4 people come up to me today saying they had the problem. The only things running on the computer are the touchscreen driver and the video box.

I shall check what I am running in the box because I can't remember the processor etc, but I only purchased it 6 months ago.

What do you mean by one touch input? It is a 3M touchscreen.

Thanks for the speedy responses though. I have a few requests for software development if you are interested? I have a client who has asked for some specific tweaks to the videobox to make it match their requirements and enviroment.
rob@carteblancheentertainment.co.uk
« Last Edit: May 02, 2011, 06:54:22 PM by Steve »

Steve

• Administrator
    • Jukeblaster.com
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2011, 07:04:21 PM »
Hi Rob

I cant get ours to do any of the things you have noticed on yours :-?, If anyone viewing this thread has the same problem please add your comments.

I'm guessing that the songs are on the same PC as Videobox right ?

All I was aking with the touchscreen is, can you just press once on buttons etc (correct) or are you having to touch twice (double-click).

What are the tweaks you are interested in ?.

Ps: you might wanna take your email off your post or you might end up with loads of spam, I get loads  :(

Bitcoin

Doge