Author Topic: Attract Features not saving properly  (Read 1865 times)

rob sullivan

Attract Features not saving properly
« on: November 18, 2011, 02:39:11 PM »
Hello guys,

This is a real pain for me.

I have the current version of Videobox running, and use the 'random pictures' folder for my attract options. It is a folder that contains JPEG's that I have advertising on and pictures that change.

This works fine when I save it initially, but after a period of time of use, the 'Attract' features just stop working. (no specific period, but often a few hours) It also refuses to save and open up with that attract feature working following a computer shut down.

I have instructed videobox to 'autolaunch' on start up, and this works fine. It is just that the specific 'attract' features do not start.

Any help with this would be really appreciated as it is bugging me quite a lot. Thanks in advance.

jukejohn

Re: Attract Features not saving properly
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2011, 02:57:25 PM »
ive also come across this and i have to reset the 2nd screen for now playing option
and sometimes a struggle to get it to kick in again
so either were missing something or its a bug   ???

Steve

• Administrator
    • Jukeblaster.com
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2011, 10:58:34 PM »
Hi Rob

There is something wrong with one of your images, either it is not of the right type (see manual for allowed types), or you have another file in your image folder that is not an image (tip,  it could be a hidden system file, 'desktop.ini' or something ?)

If Videobox comes across a file that is not of the allowed type, or is corrupt, or it is not an image, it will turn off the attract feature to protect itself from crashing.

Send us some crypto :-)
It helps us pay for the forum and new jukebox developments

Bitcoin
bc1qlfjvxfpj75wcpraa5phvvxjpc9w7dxhd8y9s0k

Doge
DGvvJZ6JNxcGtSSbgjaNE5zDe13YWwaPVE

rob sullivan

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2011, 02:40:24 PM »
Ok, I shall have a look through the folder to see what is in there. I am sure that they are all the correct file type, but I shall report back and let you know.

Thanks.