Author Topic: rebooting  (Read 1975 times)

stampy69

• www.awesomex.com.au
    • AwesomeX Mobile DJ & Karaoke Services
rebooting
« on: April 08, 2012, 02:47:10 AM »
hey guys, i sold my first jukebox yesterday and ended up partying till 3 in the morning with the new owners of it.

Couple of issues:

when they unplugged the machine it had a few problems when rebooted and i had to do a system restore to fix them.

Just wondering, is there some sort of way setting up a recovery option that automatically loads windows xp to a particular setting every time??

its making me a bit nervous that i'm gonna get a phone call from my buyers saying it stuffed once a week :)

Also:

for some reason and i have no idea how they managed it but, when they selected a song a windows box would pop up trying to connect to the internet.......i fixed it after a reboot but curious as to why it happened.
WWW.AWESOMEX.COM.AU - For all your DJ, Karaoke & Jukebox needs!!

Dj4nrv

Re: rebooting
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2012, 10:09:33 AM »
Maybe You could do with a ups.?? An uninterruptible power supply.
They have a battery and gives the pc time to shut down properly whent he plug is pulled. :)

Steve

• Administrator
    • Jukeblaster.com
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2012, 10:55:52 PM »
stampy69, Only thing that I can think of is that they enabled BGM from URL and their firewall poped up a message asking if they will allow the internet connection ?.

Ps: There is a copy of XP that you can install that will cope with MainsPlug-yankers, I cant remember the name of it, but i think that one of our members 'Jukejohn' uses it, give him a try.
Send us some crypto :-)
It helps us pay for the forum and new jukebox developments

Bitcoin
bc1qlfjvxfpj75wcpraa5phvvxjpc9w7dxhd8y9s0k

Doge
DGvvJZ6JNxcGtSSbgjaNE5zDe13YWwaPVE

jukejohn

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2012, 02:47:03 PM »
tiny xp v9 its spoton but only for a juke project has a lot of windows stuff removed
so basicly you can kick your machine through the window and it wouldnt upset it
highly recomended there is a tiny7 v4 which is quite good but for the life of me i cant
get my remote to respond because something as been removed that it requires but if
your not going to use a remote then thats also a option however tiny 9 is flawless