Author Topic: Has my machine been broken into??  (Read 2461 times)

stampy69

• www.awesomex.com.au
    • AwesomeX Mobile DJ & Karaoke Services
Has my machine been broken into??
« on: May 21, 2012, 10:52:24 AM »
hey guys as many of you know i've had a machine at the footy club for 2 weeks now, last night the owner of the club called me and said the juke was doing some funny things.

1: background music player has now turned itself on and is constantly playing.
2: coin op is taking money but not giving credits
3: remote has completely stopped working......i spoke to them on the phone and its not the 1234 pin problem, its actually not working at all.

just curious about a few of these issues....the remote is probably just the coin kit has fallen down inside the machine and ir sensor cant be seen anymore.

the coin op is a puzzler. How can it take coins but not give credit unless the usb cable has fallen out.
and the back ground music player being on now is really what makes me think someone has gotten inside and changed the settings.

Does anyone know of a another way that could turn it self on and be set to constant??? cos i dont :)

few things to note i didnt give them the keys to the machine, pins or instruction manuals....and i disabled remote credits and changed the pin on the remote.
WWW.AWESOMEX.COM.AU - For all your DJ, Karaoke & Jukebox needs!!

Steve

• Administrator
    • Jukeblaster.com
Re: Has my machine been broken into??
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2012, 06:59:51 PM »
Hi Stampy

Here are my besst guess's for you...

First, BGM cannot turn itself on under any circumstance if it was set to Off, It could mean that someone has been inside your machine or at least knows your pin number.

But, If BGM-FROM-URL was playing and it encountered a problem then VBX would try to switch to blay BGM from your BGM music files.

Coin-Op would not give a credit if..

1. you have the coin-op switch value set to give a % (percent) of one credit and there is not enough value for 1 credit.
2. something wrong with your acceptor or credit board.
3. you have another program that has stolen the focus away from VBX.

Remote not working..

1. No line of sight (board fell inside m/c) or distance too great between remote and Coin Kit (8ft)
2. remote locked out (1234) or they guessed the new pin correctly ?
3. battery dead in remote
4. beer spill on remote or Coin KIt
« Last Edit: May 21, 2012, 07:08:17 PM by Steve »
Send us some crypto :-)
It helps us pay for the forum and new jukebox developments

Bitcoin
bc1qlfjvxfpj75wcpraa5phvvxjpc9w7dxhd8y9s0k

Doge
DGvvJZ6JNxcGtSSbgjaNE5zDe13YWwaPVE

stampy69

• www.awesomex.com.au
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2012, 12:46:20 AM »
cheers steve....im fairly certain it all points to someone having opened the jukebox up and had a play inside. I'm going there this afternoon to investigate for myself :)

might have to invest in some of those little security tags the that tear when a door is backboard is opened. We actually used security screws taht use a special bit to remove the back plate but obviously someones found a way around them.

stampy69

• www.awesomex.com.au
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2012, 08:30:38 AM »
ok quick update.....i went and sussed it out, the remote was not working cos some goose had pulled the batteries out and put them in backwards...easy fix.

the bgm had been changed to constant which is a clear sign that somehow someone managed to gain access to the control panel.

and the coin problems seems to be a problem with the ch-926 and not videobox. Just curious does anyone know why the mech wouldnt be accepting coins sometimes. I reset the accuracy, pulses and coin amount. it worked perfectly then i unplugged the machines moved it back to the front of the club and dammit coins not working again.

what are the switches on the back for nc/no....fast/med/slow....anyone know??

Steve

• Administrator
    • Jukeblaster.com
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2012, 02:12:28 PM »
Stampy

The switches on the back...

One switch fast/Med/Slow is to change the speed of the credit output pulse.
The other switch is to change the output pulse to either Low or Open pulse.

We (our Bry actually) have designed Coin Kit to automatically detect these settings and it will work however you have these switches set.  ;D
Send us some crypto :-)
It helps us pay for the forum and new jukebox developments

Bitcoin
bc1qlfjvxfpj75wcpraa5phvvxjpc9w7dxhd8y9s0k

Doge
DGvvJZ6JNxcGtSSbgjaNE5zDe13YWwaPVE

stampy69

• www.awesomex.com.au
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2012, 02:24:04 PM »
ahhh ok so its not them then.

I've been playing tonight with it and noticed that this particular mech dosent like being on an angle forward of vertical straight up and down.

its fine leaning backwards but anything forward rejects the coins everytime.

I wonder if the ground is level where i set it.......maybe a few washers under the bottom mech screws might chock it up and do the job??? :)

stampy69

• www.awesomex.com.au
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2012, 12:20:54 AM »
ok update time..............last night we went to empty the machine after not checking it for a whole month.

opened the money draw and found $1 coin, a 20c and a 50c LOL

the coin mech dosent except 20 or 50's or someone has actually opened the machine put the those coins in there.

last time i emptied it the coin counter was 314......1 month later 423, this means it played 109 songs in that time but only had $1 in it.

Needless to say i'll be taking the machine out of there today.

Just wondering is there any way to create some sort of log file that  can store information about when a coin was inserted, what song was played and on what day and time??

that way i can see how many songs a day its playing and when the most popular times of the day are.