Author Topic: Power supply aka PSU  (Read 5751 times)

dex

Power supply aka PSU
« on: October 31, 2012, 11:57:33 PM »
Hi guys her the question............will appreciate  on  some knowledge from all yall
I have an high end car amp 12v 500w .....USBLASTER 1383 ...please c  PDF attachment for specs
its obviously going inside jukebox to replace the old 1
Question is.......what PSU wud b suitable  for this amp,  run safely from 240v step down 12v
I have PSU branded from SHARMANS MODEL PS-5    13.8V...5AMP CONSTANT      7AMP SURGE
i think they designed for CBs..........am afraid to fry my AMP with this.....so if any of u guys share some lights on this ,,,wud b cool
Many thanks
Plastic is real

dex

Plastic is real

jukejohn

Re: Power supply aka PSU
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2012, 10:07:50 AM »
if you have a decent pc power supply 400 watt or more you can connect it to that
this is what i normaly do tried and tested that way for years

dex

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2012, 01:05:21 PM »
That's was the first idea in my head jukejohn ,bud den thought wud b hard on pc system,as I going 2 run 4-6 speakers at 60watt rms,just don't want fry the motherboard on that heavy ish load,safer stay separate
Plastic is real

jukejohn

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2012, 03:40:55 PM »
no it wont fry your motherboard lol trust me im a electronics engineer the worst that could happen is
at full volume the amp would struggle
if you have a spare pc psu you could use that its only a matter of linking 2 pins together to run
it as a seperate power source

but if your not comfortable with that dip into your pocket and order a 12volt psu 7 amp
should be plenty

Steve

• Administrator
    • Jukeblaster.com
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2012, 04:27:34 PM »
Hi guys

I was told once that if you use a car amplifier you must also use car speakers (aparently there is something diffrent about them ?), I dont know if this is true as I've never tried it.
Maybe its nonsense but I just thought it was worth a mention.  8)
Send us some crypto :-)
It helps us pay for the forum and new jukebox developments

Bitcoin
bc1qlfjvxfpj75wcpraa5phvvxjpc9w7dxhd8y9s0k

Doge
DGvvJZ6JNxcGtSSbgjaNE5zDe13YWwaPVE

jukejohn

« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2012, 04:35:30 PM »
no thats not true its all about using the right impedence

dex

« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2012, 06:27:39 PM »
no it wont fry your motherboard lol trust me im a electronics engineer the worst that could happen is
at full volume the amp would struggle
if you have a spare pc psu you could use that its only a matter of linking 2 pins together to run
it as a seperate power source

but if your not comfortable with that dip into your pocket and order a 12volt psu 7 amp
should be plenty

So my SHARMANS MODEL PS-5    13.8V...5AMP CONSTANT      7AMP SURGE,,,,,wud b ideal to handle that amp bud?
Plastic is real

dex

« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2012, 06:30:47 PM »
no thats not true its all about using the right impedence

agree with that............jukejohn......
i must post few pics of my home cinema......u may guys b interesting to c my package....as we all involved r passion about music and other electronic stuff
Plastic is real

jukejohn

« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2012, 06:57:58 PM »
yes that psu should do the trick

i also have a home cinema set with 40 led tv and sound bar i use xbmc

dex

« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2012, 07:10:36 PM »
nice1 bud...........u say that u have sound-bar,,,how did u find surround effects from that bar ,,,,,,what brand and specs is it,,sori 4 asking so much,am just in 2 that stuff big time
Am using Mordaunt Short MS500 5.1 THX-Certified .........bought 8 years ago.......going 2 cinemas dis days.......thinking my speakers sounds better.....lol
Music is my passion
Plastic is real

jukejohn

« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2012, 07:25:58 PM »
to be honest im happy with the bar its a no branded of ebay about £120 but you cant beat a real
5.1 surround speakers or 7.1

also was dj myself but hung my mice up about 12 years ago i was a cheesey dj local pub
and weddings more tony blackburn the pete tong if you know what i mean seems djs i come
across these days are scared of the micophones just play constant house and rap music

god im old
lol

dex

« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2012, 08:06:15 PM »
nice to meet the older gen Dj,as technology growing up, we also c a dif typos of Djs.lol
i personally use MIDI controllers with Serato,,,,,,,,,,,and its best thing ever dis days,,,,,,but still hard work as u constantly monitoring tracks and taking requests loll
Pete Tong,,,, 4 sure..hard 2 beat an old school
And yes, u r right about some Dj scaring the mic,,,,, i personally think its main foundation being busy with music and also talking on mic as it create better atmospher feeling 
Plastic is real

jukejohn

« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2012, 08:12:53 PM »
you got it thats the spirit

was on cds dude for me heavy kit to carry around must be a breeze using mp3s but its
all about presentation

dex

« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2012, 08:46:53 PM »
thx jukejohn.u and rest of u guys and gals more than welcome 2 look at my stuff on FB ...me working at home,l with serious face ha ha

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=134050946659697&set=t.100001643777605&type=3&theater
Plastic is real