Author Topic: Videobox Licence  (Read 2797 times)

conanoz

Videobox Licence
« on: November 26, 2012, 03:51:29 AM »
I'm having a problem with the new videobox licence, installed and ran the licence update a few week back (VBXS) and all has been well untill last week when a error message poped up saying I needed to run the licence update again because I didnt have a internet connect at the time I just canceled the error and videobox still booted ok. A few day later I dragged the juke (heavy) up to my office where I can connect to the internet but for the life of me I could net get the licence error to return, videobox would boot normaly every time, even rebooted PC and try again over several days.

Last Saturday a friend borrowed the juke for his daugthers 16th party and after we installed the juke and ran videobox the licence update had returned but once again we had no internet to run the licence update program. I told him to just cancel out of the error and videobox will still boot.
The juke runs both Videobox and Karaokebox on the same unit.

When I picked up the juke on Monday he told me that videobox would not boot at all anymore only karaokebox still worked.

I have since ran the juke and now have a new error "A Vaild Licence could not be obtained for videobox. Please contact VBX for assisance."

I have tried to unistall and reinstall and still have the same problem.

Please help.

Thanks

Conan

Steve

• Administrator
    • Jukeblaster.com
Re: Videobox Licence
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2012, 07:50:20 AM »
Hi conanoz

I will try to help  :D

Ok, so you have now re-installed and you have an internet connection, have you input your serial number ?, what is the outcome of that ?.

Send us some crypto :-)
It helps us pay for the forum and new jukebox developments

Bitcoin
bc1qlfjvxfpj75wcpraa5phvvxjpc9w7dxhd8y9s0k

Doge
DGvvJZ6JNxcGtSSbgjaNE5zDe13YWwaPVE

conanoz

Re: Videobox License
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2012, 09:03:20 AM »
Thanks Steve.

I have reinstalled videobox which seems to install ok but when i try to run the program i get the above error. Correct me if I'm wrong but dont you enter the serial when you run videobox for the first time?

Steve

• Administrator
    • Jukeblaster.com
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2012, 12:58:54 PM »
Ok, first thing to note here is that we are not dealing with an 'error'.

You enter your serial number on first install and thats it, it will run forever :-), you will only be asked for the serial again if you change hardware on your PC that that makes the program think that you have tried to copy it to another computer, ie: it detects your computer as a diffrent PC.

So, what you should do is enter the serial number again, if you have change the PC somehow change it back.

Give that a go.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2012, 01:31:35 PM by Steve »

Bitcoin

Doge

conanoz

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2012, 11:51:58 AM »
umm I never changed any hardware but i did change the hard drive partition size from 5Gig to 10Gig that must have been why.

Strange that it only happened sometimes?

Anyway I could not get videobox to run and was about to reformat windows and start again when I received the email about the latest update, installed the new version and all is fine. Videobox is working perfectly again. (love some of the new features) I have not been asked to go on line,
so i'm still alittle concerned the licence problem will retuned.

Is there anyway I can check?

Cheers

Steve

• Administrator
    • Jukeblaster.com
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2012, 12:03:27 PM »
Hi conan

I would'nt have thought a partition change would have caused that, but I can't say for sure, because the copy protection we use is licensed to us, we didnt write that, so I guess it might be sensetive to hdd changes perhaps?.

Anyway, glad you got going  :D

Bitcoin

Doge