Author Topic: help VBX download  (Read 5338 times)

conanoz

help VBX download
« on: December 09, 2012, 12:57:09 AM »
Sorry guy just tried to update videobox (vbx) to latest version and have found the file won't unzip get about half way then get an unzip error. I had backed up the file to a few places but there all the same. Can someone please point me to a new download.

Cheers.

conanoz

Re: help VBX download
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2012, 11:06:31 PM »
Can someone help out with a copy of the install file please, I dont understand why this has to be such a hassle.

stampy69

• www.awesomex.com.au
    • AwesomeX Mobile DJ & Karaoke Services
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2012, 11:15:49 AM »
its because the download failed before it got to 100%........this seems to be a common problem for us Aussies, (sorry i'm assuming your in australia from the looks of your username).

I emailed steve last night and asked for an update also, hopefully we'll get a decent download that dosent fail from this side of the world :)
WWW.AWESOMEX.COM.AU - For all your DJ, Karaoke & Jukebox needs!!

Steve

• Administrator
    • Jukeblaster.com
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2012, 05:28:05 PM »
Hi Guys

If its the legacy version you need I'm afraid I cant help with that as we have now removed all legacy versions form our systems, we just dont have those versions any more.

Stampy, feel free to help Conan if you have a copy of the legacy version he needs, otherwise you would need to buy an additional license in order to get a serial number and download for the new version (2.9.9.9).
Send us some crypto :-)
It helps us pay for the forum and new jukebox developments

Bitcoin
bc1qlfjvxfpj75wcpraa5phvvxjpc9w7dxhd8y9s0k

Doge
DGvvJZ6JNxcGtSSbgjaNE5zDe13YWwaPVE

conanoz

« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2012, 04:45:51 AM »
Hi Steve,

Must say I do like your software and both you and Bry seem to be good guys and very helpful.

I just dont understand why you would want to upset your customers over a simple download.

I only first purchase this software on the 21/8/12 and since then have purchase 3 more copies of videobox and 2 copies of karaokebox and have another 4 jukebox I would still like to build.

If you recall the first download you guys made available for (vbx 2.9.9.9 legacy) was faulty and now when i try the second one its faulty also.

Anyway you guys do want you think is best but I think it would be silly to loose a good customer/customers over a simple download.

Cheers

Conan..

stampy69

• www.awesomex.com.au
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2012, 08:23:21 AM »
I have a legacy version of 2.8 here, id happy to email out....but not 2.9.

Steve if i was to purchase a new copy of 2.9 would i be able to use it on other machines or is it solely dedicated to the machine i use to order/purchase it from.

Steve

• Administrator
    • Jukeblaster.com
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2012, 08:29:40 AM »
Hi Stampy

If you buy another copy you get a serial number with it that you can register to a diffrent pc if you wish.

Bitcoin

Doge

stampy69

• www.awesomex.com.au
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2012, 09:10:24 AM »
but you cant use it more then once to upgrade your old licences...correct?

Steve

• Administrator
    • Jukeblaster.com
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2012, 09:15:52 AM »
Hi Stampy

No, there's no such thing as 'upgrading', its a new license that works with the new version only.

Bitcoin

Doge

stampy69

• www.awesomex.com.au
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2012, 09:26:37 AM »
ok thats what i needed to know, so basically i'm stuck with 5 jukes running 2.8 unless i purchase 5 more new versions or 2.9.

Steve

• Administrator
    • Jukeblaster.com
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2012, 09:34:07 AM »
Stampy

You have had every oportunity to download a legacy copy, I've announced the cut-off date loads of times and even gave you the download location early http://jukeblaster.com/forum/index.php?topic=638.msg2641

I just dont have the legacy version to give you, our Bry has removed them from our computers and website.

Bitcoin

Doge

stampy69

• www.awesomex.com.au
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2012, 10:05:24 AM »
Steve mate, some people are busy...very busy!!

I got a copy of 2.8 but never successfully managed to get 2.9 as the downloads never made 100% i tried several times to no avail.

I asked for a private email from you and you sent me something on skydrive but it wasnt 2.9.........seriously mate i have purchased 5 copies of videobox, 2 copies of JBP, 1 karaokebox and 4 coinkits to date.......I put up with a lot of shit from your glitchy software and 3 of the 4 coinkits i purchased have now completely failed to which i'm told i have no cause for complaint as "quote" they are not toasters they are open circuit boards and once they leave your hands anything could have happened to them.

As a regular customer i feel i'm not asking for much, but it seems to be a massive pain in the arse for you guys to help us out.

Deleting the legacy versions is just insane for a business that has sold 1000's of copies to customers all over the world. Trust me mate i wont be the only person pissed off about it, these threads will go on and on for months.

It seems like a ploy for you guys to make more money doing less work and expecting existing customers to simply suck it up will make the majority of them go elsewhere....lets face it, there are plenty of other options when it comes to jukebox software.

My question now would be to any other regular forum user......if Steve and Bry have deleted their legacy versions would someone else be so kind as to email a copy to me so i can move on and get these old versions updated :)

conanoz

« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2012, 10:47:18 AM »
Steve the problem is the download files you supplied didn't work!

To make things worse we had around 2 weeks to sort this out and the first set of files you guys supplied didnt work and we were told to download again now with around one week before the cut off. Now I did download the file and BACKED IT UP, the file download ok with no errors it just wont unpack. Now to tell us you have delete all copies of the file thats bullshit!
Anyway I can live with ver 2.8 and will be looking at other juke software.

jukejohn

« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2012, 12:26:26 PM »
ive got legacy 2.9 can email to whoever if it helps

Steve

• Administrator
    • Jukeblaster.com
« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2012, 01:14:57 PM »
Thanks Jukejohn, Im sure that will help Conan & Stampy ;D

However, I dont agree that we did not give enough notice, it seems that however many reminders I sent out some people just did not download and backup.

The legacy download is gone for good (thats the last word), but I've spoken to our Bry and he still has the cd image and is willing to burn a hard copy CD and send it in the post (at cost + postage) if that will help anyone . (contact bry directly for this).

Bitcoin

Doge