Author Topic: Thanks & Some noob Questions  (Read 2369 times)

cyberbob

Thanks & Some noob Questions
« on: December 14, 2012, 04:23:21 PM »
Hiya

I don't normaly bother, but am really impressed with your software, now i have tried a couple of times over the years with different soft , but its just not been right, felt very media centre (which i also love btw way in its correct place :) )  , then i restumbled accross this again & thought i would spend a little more time having a look.

anyway to the creators i wish you all the best success with your fantastic project.  THANKS

am just trying to say a Big Thanks for the inspiration threads forums & the kim and remote looks fantastic.  although im yet to actually comit and buy and am still just playing with ver 2 trail.

anway done some skim reading, and playing with it :) and it all seems striaght foward, used the file fixer software ect.

My questions are

The file fixer software does not seem to put enough blanks in for the tags to display on cards correctly.  (MY ID 3 Tags Are GOOD)

Or am i looking at it all wrong & i just cant  think what the best way to set it up ie albums , charts top 40 , 70s 80s 90s ect ect , i was going to go for genre but mmmmmmmmmmm 

so anyway main probs im having is making my own mind up what to do & the display card issue, what way round ect artist title title artist

should i name files ie One Step Beyond          Madness or does a later verson handle - or sotmhing as a seperator. so named one step beyond - madness will display correct or should it be madness SPACES one step beyond to fit correctly.

i hope the above makes some sense & some one can guide me a little ,

im asking because i dont want to rename stuff then find out once i buy it issues are resovled, it also gets alot better as content is added.

i have already made my mind up to buy but just want to make use of the testing time i have :) and to cover as many aspects i can before rushing into my build :)

Thanks again & thanks for taking the time to read and make sense of my dribble :)

i also have concerns with activation, if i buy,  on one pc if i wanted to rebuild and use again could i reactivate it or would i have to buy again, i ask because im building my project and testing on one comp but will build another comp for the actual juke box. or is it best to just carry on with trail then once im happy my files are done ect then build machine i want to activate on. can i upgrade hdd ect , or am i tied then and if i want to update it i have to buy a new copy ?  i may have just been reading too much and wrong thinsg and may just be confused now :)

regards

Rich   

cyberbob

Re: Thanks & Some noob Questions
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2012, 12:47:29 PM »
90% questions answered

After reading more posts, and manuals again funny i did read them, but when you know exactly what you want to know its much easier lol.

although im kinda stumped now.

guess for 112 ill just have to have a go :)

Be back soon, once project is started with somthing to show and 1st purchase is made.