Author Topic: juke is getting slower and slower  (Read 2344 times)

stampy69

• www.awesomex.com.au
    • AwesomeX Mobile DJ & Karaoke Services
juke is getting slower and slower
« on: October 25, 2012, 11:06:57 AM »
hey just wondered what your thought are on the program getting slower over time.

my juke is running windows XP
dell gx520 - 3ghz pentium 4
1 gig of ram
200 gig hdd

the only programs installed are videobox, winrar, adobe flash, dotnet3.5, and a few windows components.

i have defragged, upgraded the ram to 2 gig, run a disk clean up (windows based) but it still seems to be a lot slower then when i originally set it up.

I'm wondering if there's some sort of temp log or playlist log that stores somewhere and is slowing causing videobox to slow down.

its so slow now that when i touch an album to sellect a track it takes a full 3 or 4 seconds to slide the albums to the left and open the track titles.

looks shocking and very annoying............any ideas guys. Ive changed absolutely nothing in the videobox settings since the original installs. Same songs, same albums etc.
WWW.AWESOMEX.COM.AU - For all your DJ, Karaoke & Jukebox needs!!

Dj4nrv

Re: juke is getting slower and slower
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2012, 11:11:18 AM »
i too have experienced this , any ideas?

jukejohn

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2012, 12:45:57 PM »
me also but cant remember if it was xp or 7 i also found if you anable the the surgested albums
option it realy slows down which was a cool idea but unless you are using a super mobo spec
its not very useable
so check if that is enabled

stampy69

• www.awesomex.com.au
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2012, 02:05:32 PM »
i tried a few things before, nothing seemed to change it, turned off attract mode, reinstalled dotnet, added 2 extra gig of ram (4 gig now), nothing seemed to speed it up.

i'm still using 2.7.0.0, so maybe i need the update...i figured though this had even more options so would probably make it slower again.

Interesting though that its not just me.......i also noticed if i open >my documents/my music,  there is a folder in there called playlists, when i opened it there was about 1000 files all called jbp.wpl why is videobox saving playlists everytime i play a track????

Bry

• Administrator
    • Jukeblaster.com
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2012, 08:56:43 PM »
as far asim aware nothing gets slower for us I have had vbx on for months with no change (and i even run it 24/7 to check memory usage)

the playlist files are used as a temp store and ar miniscule in size u can delete them if you want but they will definatly not slow anything down whatsoever

im scepticle about turning of the sugested albums too that feature would only add milliseconds to the fetch operation becaus they are cached in memory

there is nothijng in videobox that can cause this it does not store or build up any data that u dont know about

just some ideas
does you hard drive gointo sleep / is windows turing it off
do u have a crazy deep file structure
have you added ANY program after vbx if so remove it
is vbx looking for a networked drive causing a delay

things to try if desparte
delete ur user.config file try that first
reinstall vbx try that next
reinstall ur music files

worst case scenario
reinstall windows it coud be something we r unaware of
Send us some crypto :-)
It helps us us pay for the forum and new jukebox developments

Bitcoin
bc1qz9wd2ymdnjy3ge5h7fjlrdc2zt0grry0ugwwv4

Ethereum
0xC3bB19c7078055117f2481ACb81587d6Da343B0E

Doge
DGvvJZ6JNxcGtSSbgjaNE5zDe13YWwaPVE

jukejohn

« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2012, 02:06:49 PM »
ive got a 240gb ssd drive 2gb memory windows 7 [yuk only for ssd purposes prefure xp] intel atom dual core 1.5ghz itx mobo with about 170gb music loaded average birate 192/320kb [like quality sound just going to add a soundblaster card today] so i dont know if you call that a silly amount for todays standards gon are the days of 40/80gb drives dude

however i do have alot of sub collections so maybe its my folder structure that cant handle surgested albums realy slows down pageing for me its terrible
however not complainig bry everything is sweet but did have the problem of slowing down sometime ago maybe as i added albums had about 300gb maybe more cant remenber now i had a 500gb drive on my system back then but as im adding to my collection everthing is fine the only effect is slow start up aprox 2minutes but expect that with my music library
realy recomend using a tag cleaner and  along with filename fixer worked a treat for me

but would love to use surgested albums but maybe a futer update someday will help my cause but its anoying for me to use at this time
a very satisfied custumer dude im sure u know when i have a moan lol  ;D

stampy69

• www.awesomex.com.au
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2012, 07:46:04 AM »
hey Bry, how do i delete the user.config if i have no internet connection??

I tried a windows re install but same problem unfortunately :(