Author Topic: Search Option in Pjb  (Read 4126 times)

reno

Search Option in Pjb
« on: April 02, 2017, 04:09:18 PM »
Good Day Forum,
                         Can someone check this out on there PJB search option please.
When you are in the search and you start to enter characters of the Artist that you are searching for, the suggested hints are way off.
 For Example: Artist  Search
                     I start to Enter  "Adele" one Letter a time.
                     "A"   Suggested Hint :  Carie Underwood  (See Pic)
                     "D"   Suggested Hint : Lady Gaga  etc      (See Pic)
                      "E"   See Pic
                       "L"   See Pic
I will test it with the other search Categories.

reno

Re: Search Option in Pjb
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2017, 04:17:29 PM »
 It is the same issue with the other search options "Titles & Albums"  where the suggested hints are not working properly.

Steve

• Administrator
    • Jukeblaster.com
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2017, 09:18:46 AM »
Hi reno, I think its because all the tracks it suggests contain the leters that you type like "ade", if you think it should work a different way please describe how it should work in the wish-list and i will ask our Bry to change it  :D

Send us some crypto :-)
It helps us pay for the forum and new jukebox developments

Bitcoin
bc1qlfjvxfpj75wcpraa5phvvxjpc9w7dxhd8y9s0k

Doge
DGvvJZ6JNxcGtSSbgjaNE5zDe13YWwaPVE

Steve

• Administrator
    • Jukeblaster.com
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2017, 09:47:28 PM »
Hi reno, Ive looked at this and I agree that it could be better so I've asked for some changes to the auto-suggestion system, stay tuned  ;D

« Last Edit: April 04, 2017, 09:49:20 PM by Steve »
Send us some crypto :-)
It helps us pay for the forum and new jukebox developments

Bitcoin
bc1qlfjvxfpj75wcpraa5phvvxjpc9w7dxhd8y9s0k

Doge
DGvvJZ6JNxcGtSSbgjaNE5zDe13YWwaPVE

reno

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2017, 01:37:51 PM »
Good day,
That sounds great. I am presently testing the pub in a bar and they are making suggestions . But I will hold out from anymore until

bentonsilla

« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2018, 10:36:15 AM »
Hi Steve & Reno,

We've also had comments about the search feature in PJB. We are trying to convert some customers using videobox to PJB. The feedback is that they really like the way the search works in PJB where you can type anything and it will return a match on title artist etc. Here is their comments:

"I find the search feature hopeless compared to videobox and is not helpful at all finding songs or artists.  Firstly it is not obvious that you need to first select artist or song search first…. Then the actual search is not predictive.  For example if I search “Hendrix” it will find nothing as you need to include Jimi in the search.  Videobox only requires a minimum of 3 letters and will find and artist or song with those characters anywhere in the name.  Therefore if I search just “rix”  it will find all Jimi Hendrix songs as well as any other artist or songs with rix anywhere in the name.  This is so important to allow people to easily find songs.. particularly when correct spelling may be difficult…a shortened search string is most useful"

Looking forward to the updated version