Author Topic: Coin Op Mode: Automatically play a random song  (Read 4910 times)

steveb

Coin Op Mode: Automatically play a random song
« on: December 10, 2011, 10:13:57 PM »
Coin Op Mode
Play random songs for as long as there are credits available.

Insert $$, random song begins to play.

steveb

Re: Coin Op Mode: Automatically play a random song
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2012, 07:04:32 PM »
We want to connect your Videobox to a Nickelodeon Coin-Operated player pianos at a large candy store in Pittsburgh, PA. But, they don't want the young children to have to select the music... just put in a buck and a random song plays. I don't want to have to preload music in the Random Que either.

Any way we could get this feature added?   What would it cost?

Thanks,
SteveB

Steve

• Administrator
    • Jukeblaster.com
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2012, 10:26:31 PM »
Hi steveb

I dont think your idea is practical for us to do  :(, for one it would cost too much (you would be shocked if i told you how much, so i wont), and two, it s too much of a niche idea, i've never come across anyone 'ever. that has wanted to do something like that and I dont think I will again, so no one but you would buy it.

Its a shame though, now you explained what its for It would be cool to see the kids playing with it, if i think of any way to do what you want in a simple way I will let you know, ok :D
Send us some crypto :-)
It helps us pay for the forum and new jukebox developments

Bitcoin
bc1qlfjvxfpj75wcpraa5phvvxjpc9w7dxhd8y9s0k

Doge
DGvvJZ6JNxcGtSSbgjaNE5zDe13YWwaPVE

steveb

Re: Coin Op Mode: Automatically play a random song - PLEASE :)
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2012, 09:18:00 PM »
Hello,
I just received an email saying that you're going to be writing new code for the Video box this weekend. We, QRS Music Technologies, Inc. (qrsmusic.com) would really appreciate it if you would reconsider this feature for our client. Please see attached.

Our CEO would like to use this in other applications also.

Thanks,
Steveb

Steve

• Administrator
    • Jukeblaster.com
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2012, 08:34:48 AM »
Hi

I guess I just dont understand your application.  :o 
Why do you need a jukebox if all you need to do is play a random song ?, why would you need a selection screen ?.

Bitcoin

Doge

steveb

« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2012, 03:34:44 PM »
We've loaded our SingAlong DVDs and your Videobox program on a small HP tablet attached to the side of the piano. It's in a nice little enclousure to expose the touchscreen. These SingAlong DVDs have an audio track with our propritery "analog MIDI" signal that we send to our player piano mechanism to play the keys and drive the percussive instruments. The lyrics are projected on the external monitor on top of the piano while the piano plays...Karaoke!  By the way, the first Videobox version that we used did not automatically display the video but, you fixed that a few months ago...thanks. It all works perfectly except there we don't want anyone messing with the touch screen, hence the random auto-play request.

We have other aplications also. Our Kiosk, a small tower with a computer and touchscreen and it works the same way above except we use it in dealer showrooms and mall locations.

We want to be able to power on the piano player system and computer, the Videobox automatically loads, and have one random song play automatically each time someone inserts cash in the bill acceptor.

IF there is anyhting that we can do to assist, please let me know. Tom, our CEO would be interested in speaking with you.

Thank You,

Steveb

Steve

• Administrator
    • Jukeblaster.com
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2012, 09:45:19 PM »
Steveb

Ok, I have had a little time to think of what is possible..

All the ideas I can come up with involve either creating functions or modifications in our software code or hardware that nobody but you would use, or, writing new software for you from scratch, both are costly routes for us, so the question is... do you have a budget for this, or is it just a wish ?.

Bitcoin

Doge

steveb

« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2012, 04:42:39 PM »
We believe that there is a use for it in the automated musical instrument field, we have specific uses for it and we would be willing to pay for it.  How long do you think it would take?

Thanks,
Steveb

Steve

• Administrator
    • Jukeblaster.com
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2012, 05:05:55 PM »
Hi Steveb

I guess how long depends on our workload and the level of functionality that you want...

The way I understand how you want it to work is that when someone inserts a coin, it gives a credit, then a function chooses a tune to play at random and puts it in the track queue, and then the credit is used (removed), is that right ?.

What happens if someone puts in a larger value coin and it gives say 3 credits ?, does it simply put 3 tracks in the queue and remove 3 credits ?.

What if it picks the same tune twice etc ?

What other considderations do you see ?

Bitcoin

Doge

steveb

« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2012, 06:25:35 PM »
First of all we want to thank you for considering this.

We're just talking about adding this "automatic play" function to the existing videobox features.

Let's forget about the word random. We don't care that it plays random music, just that it plays automatically when credits are available.

What about this:
-We put all of the music that we want to play automatically in a specific folder on the PC.
-We call on, or load this folder into the "automatic play" queue.
-When the operator turns on this "automatic play" feature the first song in the list will play when credits are available and continue to play down the list until there are no credits. The unit is in standby, waiting for more credits to continue to play down the list.
-When the last song in the folder is played we just begin at the top of the list again.

"Hands Off"is the key here. Once the operator turns the system on and sets up automatic play it's just waiting for credits.

Steveb

Steve

• Administrator
    • Jukeblaster.com
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2012, 05:15:16 PM »
Hi Steveb

its easier to pick a random track from the existing music files system already in place, if you start wanting us to make new song lists & more specific folders I dont think that would work, all I am talking about is having something simple like a button that puts VBX into this random mode, then whenever a credit is applied it puts a random track into the track queue, would that be good enough ?.

Bitcoin

Doge

steveb

« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2012, 05:26:16 PM »
Yes

Steve

• Administrator
    • Jukeblaster.com
« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2012, 05:35:20 PM »
Ok, I will pass this feature request over to the person that would be writing the code (our Bry) and get him to give you a time/cost estimate to have this feature included in the next release.
Would you prefer to have a private message from him, or is it ok to discuss here on the open forum ?.

Bitcoin

Doge

steveb

« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2012, 05:40:02 PM »
Please send private message.
Thanks,
Steveb